distance

song: distance by Christina Perri ft Jason marz

the sun is filling up the room,
and I can hear you dreaming.
do you feel the way I do, right now?

I had the greatest dream. There wasn't anything special, it was just you and me in a yellow room, I said I loved you and you said you loved me too. But then I woke up and you knew nothing about a yellow room, or about loving me back.

We share a bed and you don't even notice it, or you pretend you don't. Actually, I know you pretend that you don't know when you do 'cause you are scared, but I don't mind waiting. I can keep pretending that I also don't know how I feel about you.

You are here laying by my side and we have pillows between us because that's how friends should sleep next to each other. And being your friend, I shouldn't be watching sleep, I shouldn't be finding lovely how the first rays of sunshine dance in your face or how peaceful your breathing is. And I shouldn't be wondering about the things you dream, because I always end up wondering if you dream about me too and if you in your dreams it's ready to feel the same way that I do.

I wish we would just give up,
'cause the best part is falling.

Sometimes I wonder why we hold ourselves too much when everyone says that the best part is falling in love, sometimes I wonder what you are so afraid of. I'm scared too, I fear so many things but I believe that those fears shouldn't hold us down, but then again, you still don't think the same way that I do, so I keep my distance.

please don't stand so close to me
I'm having trouble breathing.
I'm afraid of what you'll see

It's hard, it's not an easy thing to do to keep myself distance from you when we are so close all the time. 'Cause, for example, you are going to be awake in a couple of minutes and we're gonna eat something, and we are going to dance. And then you gonna touch me, and hold me, and look at me in all the ways that I want you to but I won't be able to do anything about it because you are gonna be acting to love me.

And I'm gonna have to act as if my love for you it's only acting too, so give me a fucking oscar 'cause that's the hardest thing to do and I have to do it every minute of every hour of every single day. And again, it's not an easy thing to do.

And it's even tougher because I fear that I'm gonna slip something away and you'll be able to catch it because of the closeness. I know it's stupid, but I think that if I keep a distance from you then you won't see it, therefore, you won't have to act that you didn't. Because I can tell that you know that I love you and it hurts to see you pretending that you don't, so I prefer you not to see when I slip something away.

so I'll make sure to keep my distance,
say I love you when you're not listening,
how long, can we keep this up?

But it's fine, I don't really mind, I'll stick to this game and I'll play it by your rules until you are ready for more, 'cause I know you and I know that one day you will. I don't know for how long we are going to keep playing but I'll keep on waiting for you.

So don't rush, love 'cause I'm not in a hurry. You can keep your fears, you can keep trying to find ways so we don't change because it's safer now, and the future scares you. It's alright, I will just be here waiting until you are ready.

In the meantime, I will continue to meet you in my dreams where I can say that I love you because when we are awake...

how long, 'til we call this love?

"Good morning, dude." He says, stretching and getting up from the bed. "I getting in the shower first, we can have breakfast and start rehearsal." He says while walking to the bathroom.

"Morning," I say after a deep breath.

... because when we are awake, I keep my distance.

***

so this is short and a style that I've never tried before, I'm not a big fan of writing in point of view, I prefer writing in the third person but I was listening to this song and decided to try a kaycee's pov! if you guys like this kind of things just hit me asking for more and I'll try doing it more often (but the third person still my main thing)

(please don't forget to comment and vote if you liked s2)