the first one

song: the first one by Astrid s (live performance I Vevo)

This is going to be a different one, today we are going to talk about love. And you must be wondering, what's the difference since we already talked about love before? well, today we'll talk more specifically to all the ones I ever loved, the ones that loved me.

To my third, I wanted to say that I'm sorry, you were probably the one that got the worst of me because I actually made you believe it could have worked, I led you on and I hate myself for it — I've always known it wouldn't work. But don't blame yourself for wasting your love on me, don't go filling your mind with wonders if you did everything right, it wasn't your fault and I know I've lied to you before, but this time, please, believe me.

And to my second one, oh my second, you are the one I'm sorrier for. You got the messiest version of me, you had no idea of the mayhem I was and I let you on dark when I knew what I was doing. I was stupid, I was ruined, I was healing but the healing never happened. And I'm sorry that I did you wrong. But then again, it wasn't your fault either — I gave too much to the first one and there ain't nothing I can do about it, believe me, I tried.

The matter is that I just can't forget some of the words he said, they are still floating on my ears as sweet as honey can be. The memories in my bed keep coming back again like daggers in my mind, and every time I close my eyes to sleep the sheets become a ghost of his arms, and suddenly sleeping alone it's better because at least I can moan his name in the dark, pretending he still there. So I'm sorry because I know what I've been doing, I'm selfish to that point — running through 'em just to try and catch a feeling, but the feeling never happened.

And to the first one, really, you should be the one that's sorry, you took too much from me before realizing it was too much for you. You should be sorry that you did me wrong — but don't worry, I don't blame you entirely because I was there too, I saw it coming and instead of running away I stayed, and let you crave yourself on me in a way I could never wash away.

To all the ones I ever loved and to the ones that loved me, I'm sorry that I did you wrong, it's just that I gave too much to the first one.

KAYCEE RICE by
COSMO MAGAZINE

And then she published with sweaty hands — she had been nervous about this article for weeks but after her last break up, four weeks ago, she needed to write her feelings out. Even because that's pretty much the reason she decided to be a journalist after all.

She was first nervous because she didn't think her editor would let her publish such a personal article — but being honest that was pretty much the reason why they hired her, Kaycee's ability to turn mundanes subjects into interesting, personal, passionate, and human things.

After her editor gave her a green light, she got even more nervous because everyone would see a way more personal side of her. Her parents would read, her friends would read, everyone would read — he could read.

"Oh, you know he's gonna read that," Tahani said behind Kaycee — the journalist was so lost in her thoughts she didn't even notice that her friend had slid her pink chair to her desk.

"Stop it." She said, turning off her computer screen. "He won't read it, he probably doesn't even know where I work."

"Of course he knows."