in my dreams

song: in my dreams by ruth b (suggested by abc10112 )

the lights are bright tonight, the music loud
a perfect mess, that's what surrounds me

There she was again, another night in which she ended up giving in to the wishes of her friends. Second Friday in a row that she ends up in a club when all she wanted to do was to stay at home wearing her favorite sweatshirt with some cozy socks and drinking hot tea, but instead she was freezing in the New York cold, in high heels and trying to look cute in a dress while pretending to drink some alcoholic beverage when it was actually pink lemonade.

"You really gonna stand the whole night here? Sitting by the bar?" Bailey came to her and to order another drink, after dancing herself off on the dance floor.

"You know I don't know how to dance with hells." She answered, speaking loudly over the music.

"You know how to dance with everything." The girl said while the bartender gave her another one of her drinks. She turned to face the dance floor too as Kaycee was doing. "Okay, you don't wanna dance, that's fine but you could try having fun in other ways."

"I'm having fun, they have pink lemonade." She said raising her glass with a smile on her face.

"Pink lemonade? Gosh, you're twenty-two and sometimes I don't know if you are twelve or eighty." The girl said. "maybe you could try having fun as someone your age."

"What's your suggestion, besides dancing?" Kaycee asked.

"Well, look at Tahani for example, she's not dancing but she's there talking with a cute guy, maybe scoring a one night stand or finding the love of her life." She said, pointing at their friends. "Who knows."

"I don't want a one night stand and I don't think I'm ready for the love of my life." She said.

"I love you but you are impossible." Said Bailey before kissing Kaycee in the cheek and running back to the dance floor, spelling most of her drink throughout the way.

Kaycee laughed at her friend and the mess she was already, being honest, everyone seemed like a mess and no one really cared. At least eighty percent of the party was a drunk dancing mess and ten percent was just a drunk mess-making out with the other ten percent left.

The loudness, the craziness, and the shinings lights bugged her a little bit at the end it was kind of fun to just sit and watch the party goes, and babysit her friends.

then I see you over there, I can't seem to break the stare maybe it's 'cause your shirt is my favorite color

She was about to turn around in her stool to ask for another pink lemonade when she noticed a pair of intense eyes gazing at her. At the other side of the counter, and with a whole bar of people between them,  there was a man that couldn't take his eyes off of her.

She tried to ignore it at first because: 1) she feared he was confusing her with someone else and 2) she wasn't looking to mingle with anyone. But then he smiled once her eyes met his for a split of a second, and the first one was out of the game.

But still, she wasn't looking to meet anyone. She wasn't ready for it, so she tried to keep her eyes away from the man.

However, her eyes betrayed her as they kept going back to him. He had dark and messy hair, his eyes held a smile behind the rounded glasses, he was well dressed but still appeared comfortable.

He was very attractive to her and she couldn't deny it, but she found many guys at the party attractive too and yet none of them held her attention quite like him.