just you and i - part 1

song: just you and I by tom walker

(this one is going to be inspired by the music video of this song)

one step at a time, just you and I

Kaycee woke up with the sun hurting her eyes and a dizzy mind. It took her a few seconds to get her eyes used to the light and also for her to realize what was happening around her. The sun was coming through the curtains, she had a massive headache, she was feeling sick, the birds were singing and a man was sleeping by her side. And a man is sleeping with me-Wait! What?

She startled when she noticed the man laying and lightly snoring by her side, she sat in her bad totally confused while she tried to get away from him, but something held her and that was when she saw that they were handcuffed to each other. what the fuck, Kaycee?

"Hey!" She said while abruptly lifting their handcuffed hands in the air and waking him up.

He took a deep breath and squeezed his eyes as if the light was hurting him, and it was. He looked around for a few seconds and noticed that he wasn't in his room. Then he saw the woman that woke him up and she appeared to be mad. She shook their hands in front of his face and something pinched his skin and that was when he noticed why she looked so annoyed.

"What the fu-?" He didn't even have the energy to understand what was happening. So he just sat as fast as his very sick stomach allowed him to and they instantly started to try to take it off.

"Can we just... pull?" She asked with a very raspy voice while looking around to see if there was any key around. "Just pull." They tried in every way possible but it didn't work, they both ended up sighing.

Then he took a look at her and extended his hand for a handshake. "I'm Sean."

She ran her fingers through her hair before facing him. "Kaycee." She answered as they greeted.

It was a challenge to even get themselves out of bed without one hurting the other's arms but once they did they went straight to her bathroom so they could try and find so aspirin and antacids, and to try to do somewhat of morning hygiene. And she didn't even care about peeing in front of him because really she just couldn't bother herself.

In the kitchen, she fixed them some anti-hangover, two aspirins, and an antacid dissolved in a cup of water for each. She tried to tell him to not eat the curry chicken that it was over the table but he didn't listen, and since she didn't have anything else in her fridge so she ended up eating a bit too.

He tried to open the handcuffs with a fork and then with a small hand saw she had under her sink but it didn't really work as the thing remained intact.

"Fuck." He said after sighed.

She sighed too. "What do we do now?"

"I guess we could try going to a locksmith, they might have a key or something." He said and she just nodded.

She didn't change her outfit because she wasn't going to get herself naked in front of a guy she didn't even know and also because she wouldn't be able to take her shirt off anyway. She just grabbed herself a coat and they searched the house to find his.

They put on their coats and made a knot with the sleeves that were left, tying themselves even more to each other.

Walking in the streets wasn't easy because his legs were long and it was hard for her to keep up, they even stumbled with each other and with some people a couple of times. They didn't really talk to each other too because they had no idea of what to say, neither of them remembered how they got into that situation and it was very awkward to even imagine what led them to be handcuffed to each other.