Did We Just Win?

I held in a chuckle at Percy's reaction to Zoe calling him Perseus. Or responding to him at all.

I picked up the spoon I was using to feed Estelle and held it in front of her. She opened her mouth and looked at me expectantly. I let the chuckle out now as I fed her the mushy potatoes. She ate them without complaint.

"I will never understand why she likes those potatoes so much," I heard Silena mutter behind me.

"I think it has to do with the fact that she's my baby sister," I said by way of greeting, "and I love potatoes." Estelle swallowed and I turned us around to face the daughter of Aphrodite, getting Estelle to kick Percy in the process. I sent him a grin before helping Estelle wave to Silena. "Say, hi Silena."

Silena crouched down and smiled. "Hi, Estelle." She waved. My sister gave a big smile. She yanked her hand out of my very loose grip and started to clap. Silena laughed and mirrored it. "Clap, clap, clap," she said. Estelle laughed and kept clapping.

"At this rate, you'll have every girl following you everywhere you go, as long as you have her," I heard Percy declare. "And that'll leak onto me as well."

"I can't help it if Estelle loves the attention as much as everyone loves her," I retorted. Silena reached behind me to grab the spoon and dunk it in the potatoes. She drew her hand back, her other hand under the spoon so none fell onto the ground. Estelle opened her mouth for her. Silena slipped the spoon in and Estelle closed her mouth. Silena removed the utensil, scooping up any escaped potatoes and feeding it back to Estelle.

"Does that taste good?" Silena purred. Estelle hummed happily in response. Silena's blue eyes shot to mine. "At this point, I'm ready to take her off your hands forever."

"You and Katie both." I groaned. "The only girl who isn't always giggling or cooing at Estelle is Lou Ellen."

"And Clarisse," Percy suggested. I waved him off. At that moment, I felt her diaper fill. I groaned.

"And now is time for the worst part of caring for a baby," I muttered. Several laughs came from around the table. I removed the bib from her neck and got up with her in my arms, walking toward the Big House where her other clothes and diapers were.

I passed Killian, who was sitting at the Hermes table and gave him a smile. His eyes widened in surprise at Estelle on my arms. Travis, who was sitting next to Killian, connected the dots and laughed aloud.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At dinner, Bianca was the one feeding Estelle. She had joined me, to my delight, at the Hermes table to help with Estelle. A huntress named Tracy and Zoe Nightshade had as well, and it made me start to think that Percy may have been right about Estelle attracting girls for me. I don't even need the attention. I mean, I got to dance with Bianca earlier. I got to dance with her. Nothing can top that.

My mind came back from my wandering thoughts as I heard a giggle. I looked over to see Bianca wiping of Estelle's mouth with a wet napkin. I felt surprise flutter through me. I knew that she probably took care of Nico this way, but it still got me. I smiled.

Bianca looked over at me at the same time I smiled and she blushed. "What are you smiling at?" She asked timidly.

"Just you and my baby sister," I answered. "There isn't anything better in the world right now." I heard a couple awww's but paid no mind to it. Zoe blinked but Tracy didn't say anything. She seemed to be less boy hating than her sisters. Bianca blushed deeper at that but didn't say anything as she let Estelle grab at her fingers.

Chiron stamped his hoof to gather everyone's attention. He got it. "Heroes!" He called. "Tonight, in honor of the Hunters of Artemis being here, we will hold our annual capture-the-flag game after dinner! Now finish up and get ready! It begins in thirty minutes." A few cheers went up but not many. The camp had a horrible losing record against the hunters. One I didn't even want to think about.