Michael Puts On A Show

Percy POV

Today was going to be fun. I had been excited since I had found out about the show going on tonight. I already knew that a good majority of the campers had good voices so I was really looking forward to it. I could barely keep myself calm enough to spar, I was so excited.

After a whole day of waiting, it was time for the show to begin. Michael and I walked in, Estelle on my arms, and saw many campers wearing nice suits and dresses and all out looking great. I myself was wearing a dark blue suit and blazer while Estelle was in a white dress, which made her look adorable. In the back I noticed Poseidon, Hades, Hestia, Demeter, Hermes, Apollo, and Artemis. Next to them were dad, Ouranos, Erebus, and Nyx, for some reason. The gods were conversing with demigods who looked like they might faint. Suddenly, the lights dimmed greatly, and Lee's voice was heard.

"Good evening everyone." His voice boomed throughout the amphitheater. "Tonight is a very special night. It is a night where demigods will show their singing talents to all of us here. Thank you to all the gods that have come to see their children perform. It is appreciated by all of us. Now, without further ado, please welcome the first people to the stage!" Everyone cheered in anticipation.

I watched as young girl, about seven or eight, came on stage and begun to sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. While Estelle loved it, I will admit that I was bored.

When she was done, everyone clapped for her. She blushed and walked off the stage. Lee welcomed the next group, and I had to say, I liked them better. A group of boys sung a song I didn't know, but Michael liked it. He was singing along, grinning like an idiot.

The boy who held the microphone (where did they get that?) had dark brown hair and was wearing jeans and a dark shirt under a jean jacket. The song went like this:

I was down on my luck, I was stuck

I was running 'round broken-hearted

I was sinking so fast

I couldn't last falling apart

And You could've ran away

Leaving me there in my shame

Leaving me fighting my pain

But You made a better way

Oh, oh, oh

I've been saved

Goodbye to the sinner, I'm held by the Father above

No more shame, for

I'm out of the desert and drowned in the power of love

Amazing grace, my soul set free

Ain't no grave, got a hold on me

I'm born again, born again

Washed by the water, I'm clean

My eyes have been open

You're showing me all of my life in a new light

Every step, every breath

Like it's the first time

You could've ran away

Leaving me there in my shame

Leaving me fighting my pain

But You made a better way

Oh, oh, oh