We Go On a Quest for Wisdom

Michael POV

I wasn't sure it was a good idea for Lee to go. Or Bianca, for that matter.

It wasn't that Estelle wouldn't be watched. She would be with someone the whole time, probably being spoiled rotten all the same.

I just didn't want either of them to be put in danger. Both of them had already died, and it seemed that Lee was willing to die again. Dad was going with us, but he'd be severely restricted with his powers. He told us after the meeting that when a god is sent of a quest, their powers are limited. He's not allowed his true symbol of power, can't flash everywhere, can't take his divine form, he can't even call other gods to help. He is allowed to grow to his godly height, call his sacred animal to help fight, and heal better than normal demigods, even with Ambrosia and Nectar.

I came out of my wandering thoughts as I came up to the Hermes cabin. I knocked on the door and it opened to reveal Nico and Travis.

"Hey, Michael," Travis said. "What's up?"

"Umm," I felt my face heat up. "I need to see Bianca." They looked at each other, and then to me. Then they stepped out of the way.

"Don't let her die again," Nico threatened as I walked past him.

"I won't," I told him. "I promise I won't." I walked to where I could see a lump in one of the beds and a mess of black hair coming from the top of the blankets. "B," I shook her shoulder. "You awake?"

Nothing.

"B, you're needed for a quest." I shook her shoulder again. Still nothing. I sighed and crouched down next to her. "Bianca, we aren't going to go save Artemis. We are going to go save Athena, who was also taken, with Lee and Apollo. The prophecy said that us four were needed, and it didn't say anyone was going to die. I promise I won't let you die." I poked her shoulder. Still no response.

I gritted my teeth in frustration. "Why are you ignoring me?" I asked. "Is it because I kissed you yesterday? I'm sorry, okay? I wasn't thinking. I was really excited, and you just looked so kissable. I'm sorry I didn't ask you about it beforehand. We can forget about it if you want, but we need to save Athena." I turned around. "Meirda, I know I'm an idiot. But this is something that we need to do. You can go back to ignoring me after we're back if you like. I just need you for this one thing, okay?"

A hand was laid upon my shoulder. I looked over my shoulder to see Bianca sitting up in her bed. Her onyx eyes locked with mine.

"I'll go," she said. "It's my duty as a demigod to go save Athena. But swear that you'll bring me back alive. Swear that you'll come back alive."

"I swear on the River Styx that I'll bring both you and myself back alive," I swore. Thunder boomed, sealing the oath. She smiled.

"Thank you." She said. "Now go. I need to change. I'll meet with you, Lee, and Apollo soon enough."

I smiled back at her and began to walk towards the door. Before I walked out, I heard her say, "I don't want to forget the kiss."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later, Bianca, Lee, Apollo, and I were gathered in the Big House. I was bouncing Estelle on my leg, making her shriek with laughter. Bianca was seated to my left, watching Estelle with a smile. Apollo and Lee were talking about what we were actually here to talk about.

"Michael," I heard Lee try and get my attention. I turned to him, keeping Estelle bouncing.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Which Titan do you think we will be facing?" He inquired. "The prophecy says that we will cross a Titan's anger, but we don't know which Titan."

"I've suggested Krios, as he is the Titan of the south," Apollo added his input. "Two other options are his two sons: Pallas and Perses."