Plans For The End of the World

Michael POV

I ran from the pack of hellhounds on my tail. I really didn't want to end up being their lunch.

As I ran, I thought about what was happening.

While Percy had disappeared with Alex and Kasey, we'd been informed that Kronos was making his way to Olympus. We demigods had readied ourselves as quickly as we could and booked it towards Manhattan. It was then that we had realized that Kronos had ordered Morpheus to put the city to sleep. We had tried to set up a command center near a candy store, but we'd been ambushed by a small army of monsters. They divided us and that was when I realized that monsters were all over the city. Kronos had let the monsters go and hunt for us, picking us off where we were weakest.

I turned a corner and saw Lee, Malcom, Will, and some of the other Apollo kids standing their, arrows notched.

"Get down!" Lee shouted. I shot towards the ground and they let their arrows fly. I jumped up and checked over my shoulder. The hellhounds weren't there.

"Nice timing," I panted.

Lee shrugged. "You seem helpless without me. Now come on. We need to get to Olympus." He pat my arm before leading the other campers towards the Empire State Building. I followed him.

When we got there, a majority of the campers were already there. The Apollo kids immediately set out to heal the injured, but it didn't seem like there were many serious injuries.

I saw Percy, Alex, and Kasey talking with Annabeth, Zoe, and Luke. I walked up to them.

"What's the 411?" I asked. Only Annabeth didn't look at me like I didn't make sense.

"Mostly everybody is here," she told me. "We should get up to Olympus, see what's there."

"Get an audience with Zeus," Alex picked up."Convince him to come back and defend the city."

"That's not a bad plan." I said. I looked around the lobby at all the demigods. "Not everyone is here yet, but we need to get up there now. We should leave a majority down here to defend while some of us go up."

"That's a tad unfair," Zoe commented.

"But he's right." Percy said. "We need people down here to wait for the rest to get here."

"Alex," I said. The son of Poseidon looked up to me. "Who's going up?" His eyes widened in surprise. Then they narrowed and he scanned the lobby.

"Us seven, Lee, Clarisse, Silena, Beckendorf, Katie, Pollux, and Castor. The cabin leaders." He decided.

"Call them together," I told him. He nodded and called them all over.

"We are going up to Olympus," Alex explained. "The rest of the campers will wait for the rest of camp. Tell your cabin." The cabin counselors nodded and went off to do what he asked.

When they were done, we went up to the desk. A security guard was sitting behind the desk in the lobby, reading a big black book with a flower on the cover. He glanced up when we all filed in with our weapons and armor clanking. "School group? We're about to close up."

"No," Alex said. "Six-hundredth floor."

He checked us out. His eyes were pale blue and his head was completely bald. I couldn't tell if he was human or not, but he seemed to notice our weapons, so I guess he wasn't fooled by the Mist.

"There is no six-hundredth floor, kid." He said it like it was a required line he didn't believe. "Move along."

Alex leaned across the desk. "Forty demigods attract an awful lot of monsters. You really want us hanging out in your lobby?"

The Sons of Light and DarkOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara