Christmas Special

It was that time of the year in Camp Half Blood. December was nearing its end, and with it, Christmas was approaching. The year rounders were up on Christmas Eve, enjoying the cold, winter day.

The whole of the mortal Triest family, plus a few significant others of the children, were meeting up this year at a building that Michael, Percy, Nico, and Killian rented. There were going to be a lot of them, so they rented a big house, big enough that all three of their houses could fit into this one. It was mostly open space, with a couple game rooms for the kids to play in, and a large yard for the kids to play in the snow.

The first ones to show up were Percy, Zoe, and their kids, Tara, Misty, Thomas, and Terrence. Tara was the oldest at nineteen with Misty only two years being her. Thomas was two years behind Misty and Terrence was fourteen.

They trudged through he snow to the surprisingly empty porch, staring at the huge house.

"You four really went all out, didn't you?" Zoe muttered to her husband, who grinned.

"Michael's family is bringing most of the food," he replied. "All we needed to bring were the drinks and cups. Did we remember them."

"In the car."

"Great. Tara, Thomas, go grab the drinks and cups, please."

"And go back through all that snow?" Tara whined, holding herself as she shivered. "Do I have to?"

"Do you want to be stuck out here all day?"

"Come on, Tara," Thomas teased as he made his way back to the car. "Don't be such a baby."

Tara flushed. "I'll show you who's a baby." She rushed to beat Thomas to the car.

Percy grinned at Zoe. "Easy as that," he said.

"You could've flashed them into the house," she pointed out, a brow raised.

"But why would I do that when I have children? Isn't that what we had them for?"

"We're right here, you know," Misty reminded them, shivering. "Can we at least go inside? It's freezing out here."

"Oh, alright," Percy reluctantly agreed as he begun to dig around in his pockets for the key. "Since you asked so nicely."

"Thank you, dad. I love you."

"Love you too, sweetheart." Percy quickly found the key and opened the door to the massive house.

The family brushed the snow off their shoulders before walking inside. The house was delightfully warm and very open. A couple tables that Michael, Killian, and Percy had already brought over a day before were set up off to the side.

Their boots clicked and echoed against the hardwood floor as they stepped inside.

"It's so big," Terrence marveled, his brown eyes wide.

"It has to be if it's going to fit everyone," Zoe told him.

"When is everyone else going to be here?" Misty asked, hanging up her coat, her black hair falling down her shoulders.

"In time, Misty. In time. You'll be wishing they were gone as soon as they get here."

"Whoa," Thomas said as he walked in. "This place is huge!"

"Yes it is, Thomas," Percy replied dryly. "Hey, why don't you and Tara go put the drinks on the kitchen counter and go play pool with Terrence?"

"Aw yeah!" Thomas raced to go put the drinks down before running to one of the game rooms with Terrence.