We Ran Out of Bleach

Percy POV

I took joy in the week Michael and Bianca were gone. I didn't miss them at all. It was quiet, Alex and I got to know each other more, and he introduced me to his mom, who was really nice. I hung out with Zoe and Lilly and Maddie a lot, and I even drove us into town to go get something to eat. As Michael would say, I was beginning to have a way with the ladies.

So naturally, I was disappointed when they came back.

A one-story house had appeared behind the Big House the day before they were back, and no one could get in—not even the Stolls. So, when Michael and Bianca appeared back in camp, Alexios and Andromeda in tow, and strolled right in, we all were very surprised. Okay, not all of us. Beckendorf and Silena had guessed that it was for them and had avoided the others trying to break in.

The day after this happened, Michael pulled me aside.

"Hey, I need you to meet me by the lake in ten minutes," he said urgently. "It's about what happened to me on Olympus. Bring Zoe." He flashed away before I could even ask what part of the lake to go to. Rolling my eyes, I headed to the Artemis cabin where Zoe would surely be.

I knocked on the door, and instead of Zoe opening it, Lilly did. I blinked before grinning.

"Hey Lilly," I said. "Is Zoe in here?"

"Yeah," she said, chewing on gum. "What's up?"

"Nothing much. Michael needs me and her at the lake for some reason."

"Sounds fun." She blew a quick bubble before popping it. "Can I come?"

"I don't see why not. What he has to show you might freak you out a little, though." I thought back to when he had transformed into that winged wolf on Olympus.

"As long as Bianca's not pregnant yet, I'm sure I'll be fine."

"If you say so." She blew and popped another pink bubble. "Did Travis get you the gum?"

"Yeah. He's got a really large supply of it."

"Please tell me your talking about food," Zoe's voice came from inside the cabin. She appeared behind Lilly, almost a head taller than the daughter of Achlys.

"Close. Gum." I told her. She rolled her eyes.

"What am I needed for this time? What boy am I going to castrate?" I cringed just a little.

"No castrating anyone. Michael wants to meet with us. By the lake."

"Then what are we waiting for?" She asked rhetorically. She and Lilly stepped out of the cabin and she closed the door behind her. "Let's go to the lake."

When we were there, we saw the other demigods who had been chosen for being champion hosts.

"Oh gods, he's telling everyone?" I muttered aloud.

"You know already?" Zoe asked, easing her brow.

"A little bit," I said sheepishly. "So does Lilly, but..." I trailed off. Zoe gave an understanding nod. We both looked to Lilly, who had gone straight to Summer as soon as we had got here.

Two minutes later, Michael and Bianca flashed in.

"So what's so important that we needed to get here ASAP?" Beckendorf asked. He probably came with Silena.

"I have something to show you," Michael said. He nodded to Bianca and and walked over to Travis. He gave her a questioning look but she shrugged. I was surprised that Michael didn't even tell her. Michael took deep breaths. "Alright, here we go." He began concentrating, his eyes shut tight. He bared his teeth and I heard several people gasp at the sharpened and elongated teeth. A growl rippled from his throat and two wings with pitch black feathers sprouted from his back. He collapsed onto his hands and knees as brown fur grew from his skin, covering him in a layer of the stuff. His hands and feet turned into paws. His clothes melted into his fur and disappeared.