Chapter 24

Tris P.O.V.

Today is the first football game of the season. I'm always confused about why our school starts in November but I don't complain. I'm sitting in the grass inside of the fence around the field. I have my camera around my neck and I have a pen and note pad in my bag. I'm in charge of the sports section in the school newspaper. Plus, I'm also in charge of taking the pictures for the teams in the yearbook.

Around me is chaos. Will is standing outside the fence, talking to the cheerleaders. Zeke, Uriah, and Tobias are out on the field. Tobias is quarterback. And, it's kind of funny to see him in the tight shorts. All of the girls are cheer leaders, bubbling with pep.

I walk around the field, scribbling notes about the game and snapping pictures. I walk next to the bench, opposite of where the cheer leaders are doing their routines. I hold up the camera to snap another picture. I'm about to push the button to focus but someone pops up in front of the lens. I scream and jump back, dropping the camera. Thank goodness I had it around my neck. I would of dropped it.

"To-Four! What are you doing?" I ask. He grins and kisses me.

"I'm sorry, trissy poo," he says. He leans down to put his forehead on mine but I back away. He is covered in sweat and stinks.

"Um, how about later after you shower," I suggest.

"But, Tris. I need some inspiration," he begs. I laugh and kiss his cheek.

"How is that?" I ask, refusing to get closer to him.

"That might get me through the third quarter but what am I going to do for the last quarter?" he asks, pouting. He makes an adorable puppy dog face and I kiss him on the lips.

"That is all your getting!" I exclaim.

"Fine, but I'm going to blame it on you if we lose," he says as he backs away. He turns and hussles back to the bleacher.

I take pictures and take notes for another hour. The final quarter comes soon and I walk out of the fence to go sit with Will. I'm approaching the bleachers when I'm gagged. I begin to jerk around but they cover my eyes and I can't see what I'm swinging at. I'm dragged away and tied up to a fence. The attacker removes the blind fold.

"Hey, Tris. How you doing?" Lauren asks, casually.

"What do you want, Lauren? I'm kind of busy," I hiss.

"Well, you see Tris. You have something that I want. And I want you to leave it alone," she hisses. I momentarily confused. What do I have that she wants? But I guess it's obvious. It's what every girl in our school wants. Tobias.

"Lauren, you can't make me do anything," I state. I try to move my hands are still tied behind me.

"Um, I can if you want to be trapped for the lest of the game," she says, holding up the key.

"I bet that if I told Four this he would never think of you as someone he wants to be with," I say, which is true. Tobias has been very protective of me. I'm not exactly sure why but I think he wants my dad to like him. My dad is still refusing to like my friends and my choices but at this point I don't care. I'm leaving soon. I hope.

"I'm sure he would. I would be doing him a favor. Why would such a strong, handsome man want a little girl like you?" she asks. This, though, hits me. What does he see in me? Why does he like me?

"Lauren, can you please let me go?" I ask, holding back tears.

"Now, Tris. Do you promise to hold back from him?" she asks. I know the answer that she wants. I'll have to try. I know I'll make Tobias upset but these high school relationships never work. This isn't our future. Soon, this will be our past. And the past can haunt you. I can't have that. I have to let go of this.

"Yes, I'll hold back," I say.

Oh! Tris is going to try to stay away from Tobias! I really couldn't figure out where to stop this chapter and I figured out something great to come of this conversation. Please just stick with me! I really need readers. I promise this is going to become more interesting. So... yeah. Please comment and leave ideas. I would love to read them if I got them. :) I'm also sorry that this chapter is so short.

Disclaimer: Divergent is owned by Veronica Roth. Not me.