Chapter 57

After Caleb walks out, I glance around the room. He's right about what I told him. As soon as our parents know, I'm out. I pack up all of my clothes and toiletries first. They manage to fit in two large duffel bags. I make sure there is nothing breakable and throw them out the window so it doesn't seem shady that I'm taking all my clothes to my car.

Next, I pack up all of my jewelry and books. I fit them in a plastic tote. Finally, I find all my photographs and things that have memories attached to them. I find a few other odd things and sheets that I would need. I carry them all down the back staircase and put the backdoor. No one sees me so I am able to get everything to my car before they could notice.

When I return to my room, all there is is my furniture. A few posters and things like that that I won't need is still is still in here. A tear rises in the corner of my eyes when I see the mostly empty room. I flop down for the last time on my bed and watch the small television on my dresser for the last time.

When I hear the door meaning that my father is home, I stand up. I look around the room and say a silent goodbye. I close the door behind me and walk down the steps. When I get to the living room, my parents are already there with the news on.

"Um, mom, dad, we need to talk," I say. My father glances over at me.

"Can it wait until after the weather is over, Bea?" He asks. A tiny piece of my heart breaks when he calls me that. Bea use to be the nickname he would call me when I was younger.

"Dad, I don't think you are going to want to wait until after the weather," I say. My mom picks up the remote from the end table.

"What's wrong, Beatrice?" she asks. I take a deep breath and a tear slips from my eye. I stare at the floor.

"I'm pregnant," I quietly mumble.
I'm sorry that I've had a hard time updating. I've been working on my other story a lot more than this one lately so I'm going to try to have more updates on this story. Please comment an vote.

Disclaimer: Veronica Roth owns Divergent, not me.