Chapter 28

Tris P.O.V.

I open the door to a smiling Tobias. He cleans up quite well. He is wearing a black polo shirt and long dress pants. He leans down and kisses me. I stand on my tip toes and accept but I pull back, remembering that my family is here.

"Hi, Four," I say. He smiles.

"Hello, Tris," he says. I grin and grab his hand. I lead him into the living room where my mother has joined my father on the couch and Caleb is sitting in an arm on the other side of the room. Tobias and I walk over to sit on the other side of the couch but my father pops up off the couch. He puts his hand out towards to Tobias. Tobias grabs and shakes it.

"Hello, Four," my father says.

"Hell, Mr. Prior. Happy Thanksgiving. How are you this afternoon?" Tobias asks.

"Thank you. The same to you. I'm great. How about yourself?" my father asks.

"I'm great, sir. Thank you for asking," Tobias says. Everyone takes their seats again and we watch the parade until the alarm for the turkey goes off in the kitchen. I get up off of the couch and walk to the kitchen with my mother.

"Beatrice, you didn't have to help," she says.

"Who said I was here to help you? I'm here to save this poor turkey from you. There is no telling what you will do with it now that it is done cooking," I explain. She looks at me and rolls her eyes.

"If this turkey tastes terrible then it is your fault," she says.

"And it will also be my fault when this turkey tastes marvelous," I explain. She gives me a dirty look and I just give her a large grin. We finish taking care of what food preparation is left and I walk back towards the living room. I stop at the doorway when I hear talking.

"Yes, sir. I'm the quarterback for the High School team. Our friends Zeke and Uriah play on the team as well," I hear Tobias say.

"Oh. I played quarterback when I was in High School. I doubt our team was as good as yours, though," my father replies.

"What year did you play, sir?" Tobias asks.

"Um, I played in 1986 through 1989 for the High School," my father states. I hear a gasp and it causes me to jump.

"Sir, those years weren't just some random teams! Those were the only years that our school was the state championship! The years I have been on the team have made it close. 3rd place last year, actually. You're team is like my team's idols!" Tobias exclaims, excited.

"Well, We might have been good but I'm sure you all are good, too. I haven't been to any of the school's games in years. I'll have to come see you all play," my father states. This brings a smile to my face. My father and my boyfriend are getting closer. I take this as my chance to walk in.

"So, how is everything in here?" I ask.

"Great. We were just talking about football," my father says.

"So, I didn't miss anything important?" I ask, knowing that I didn't.

"Nope. Your father was just telling me how he was on the most important team at our school and that he would be coming to some of our games," Tobias says as I sit next to him on the couch. I nod and we sit in silence, watching the parade until our guest arrive.

♥♥♥

"It was so good seeing you, again, Mrs. Martin," I say, pulling out of the embrace of one of my father's coworkers. Tobias and I have talked to about everyone who is standing around the first floor of my house. I pull him upstairs to me room where we finally get some time alone. I sit on my bed and Tobias sits on the pink, fluffy butterfly chair sitting in the corner.

"Well, As happy as I am to be surrounded by people on Thanksgiving, I'm glad to have some quiet time," Tobias says. I smile at him.

"Me, too. I love all of these people but, honestly, they can talk up a storm," I reply. We sit in silence for several more minutes. I'm about to say something when my bedroom door pops open.

"Oh, good. Tris, I was hoping I'd find you here," Eric says.

That is where I am stopping tonight! I really was out of ideas so if you have an idea for what Eric tells Tris please tell me! I would love some comments and ideas! Please post them here! I'm also very sorry that this chapter is soooo short.

Disclaimer: I do not own Divergent. Veronica Roth has the rights to it.