Chapter 45

Tris P.O.V.

"Tris, you got some mail. More letters from schools," my mom says as she comes into my room. I push my suitcase under my bed before my mom can see it. It's kind of funny how much I hide stuff under my bed. . .

"Thanks mom," I say as I hop up. Christina is over helping me pack for our trip that we leave for on tomorrow night.

"Oh, hi, Christina. So great to see you," my mother says.

"Oh, mom. We are doing a project for school. Christina and I have to live together for a week to see how it effects our friendship. We are going be staying in a hotel room so I won't be here for the next week," I say.

"I'm glad that you're both getting so involved in your school work. That sounds fine with us," my mother says. I thank her and she leaves. I lay the envelopes down on my desk.

"Are you going to open them?" Christina asks. I shake my head.

"Not right now. Let's continue to pack," I say. She gives me an unsure look but I continue to grab things out of my dresser and closet. She does the same. She even finds the dress she made me buy that was hidden--you'd never guess--under my bed.

When we finish I sit on my bed and Christina gives me a look that says "come on, Tris. Just do it." She stands up and walks to my desk, figuring out that I wasn't going to. She picks up the envelopes and sits them on the bed in front of me.

"Tris, if you don't open them I will," she says. I sigh and do it. I read the letter from several local schools that all say the same thing. They all would like to have me but they are already full and can't accept me. Then I get to the letter with a return address in New York.

"Christina, I can't open it," I say. She rolls her eyes and grabs it.

"Fine, I'll open it," Christina grabs the envelope and rips it open. Her eyes scan the letter and then she gasps. "Tris, you need to read this," she says. I grab the letter. It reads:

Dear Beatrice Prior,

We're proud to announce that you have received a scholarship to our school. We look forward to having you study with us this fall. We plan to send more information about your acceptance soon. Please keep watch. We can't wait to see you in the Fall!

Sincerely,

New York University

"Christina, I'm going to New York," I say. She jumps up and hugs me. I'm the only one leaving, so far. I just sit there and stare at the paper that is about to change my life.

I'm sorry I haven't updated lately! I've been busy with my other story. I've gotten a lot reviews on it and only two on this one. So, please comment and review!

Disclaimer: I do not own Divergent. Veronica Roth does.