Chapter 65

Tris P.O.V.

"Hey. Why did you ride home with Christina?" Tobias asks. I plop down next to him on the couch. He puts his arm around me and I snuggle up into his side.

"Because we need to talk," I say. He looks down at me with concern in his eyes.

"About what?" he asks.

"Prom," I say. He nods and doesn't say anything for a few minutes.

"Why can't you go?" he asks.

"Lauren," I whisper.

"What happened?" he asks.

"She threatened to tell everyone I was pregnant," I say.

"First of all, how does she know that you're pregnant?" he asks.

"She is like a stalker or something. She knows that I moved in here and she saw me in a store for pregnant women. Then her pregnant mother told her about a guy asking his pregnant girlfriend to the prom while they were at the doctor's office," I explain.

"Why doesn't she want you to go?" he asks.

"There are rumors that everyone wants us for prom court. She wants to win so she had to get me gone somehow," I explain.

"Which doesn't make any sense because no one is going to vote for her," Tobias says. We both laugh. As the laughter dies down, we're both silent.

"Are you sure you can't go?" he asks.

"I don't want to make the rest of our senior year torture because of them knowing. You and I both know what Lauren wants and what she is capable of doing," I say. He nods.

"Well, this stinks," he says.

"Tobias, you are going to our prom. You don't have to stay here with me. You need to go and be with our friends," I explain.

"Are you sure?" Tobias asks. I nod.

"One hundred percent," I reply.
Aww! So sad... Please tell me what you think! I've received votes but I really want to know what you think so please comment!

Disclaimer: Veronica Roth owns Divergent, not me.