Chapter 50

Tris P.O.V.

I hurry out to the baseball fields where the team has began to practice. Tobias is leaning up against the fence talking to a couple of other guys. I watch him for a few minutes before pulling my hands out of my pockets and walking towards the dugout.

"To-Four, we need to talk," I say. He turns around and looks down at me. He motions for the guys to go away.

"What's wrong? I don't have very long," he says.

"We need to talk. You might be late but a couple of laps isn't going to hurt you," I say before turning around. I walk behind the bleachers and wait for him. He walks back a few minutes after me.

"What's wrong? Coach is going to be furious with me," he says. I nod and lean up against some of the metal poles.

"Tobias, I got accepted to a school. . . in New York," I say, whispering the last part. A look of pain crosses his faces.

"Well, I got accepted to a school on the other side of the state," he says.

"What?" I ask. He nods, leaning on a pole across from me.

"I got into one of the best schools for sports in the state. I don't know about leaving, though," he says.

"I know. I really want to go to New York but I don't want to leave. Plus, there is something else holding me back," I say. I stare at my shoes trying to avoid eye contact.

"What is it?" he asks.

"I'm pregnant," I whisper.

"Vegas," he says. I finally look at him. Confusion covers his face. I nod, feeling tears come into my eyes. He hugs me and I cry into his chest.

"I guess what happens in Vegas doesn't always stay in Vegas," I say. We both plaster pitiful smiles on our faces.

"Do your parents know?" he asks. I shake my head.

"Only Christina knows. My parents know about New York, though. Christina was there when I found out both.

"What are we going to do about us being a couple of hours apart and not being able to raise our child together?" he asks.

"You really want to help?" I ask.

"Of course I do," he says.

"We have a lot we need to figure out. You should get back to practice. Just don't tell anyone," I say. He promises and kisses my forehead. Then he runs off, leaving me alone under the bleachers.

Another chapter, yay! I'm going to try have a lot of updates soon. Please leave comments and vote!

Disclaimer: I do not own Divergent. You know who does? Veronica Roth.