Chapter 39

Tris P.O.V.

I weave through the people scattered throughout my house. There are even more people here than on Thanksgiving. My dad will never notice I'm gone. I hope. I find my bedroom door, thankful that my family is nowhere to be seen. I open it up and walk inside. I take off the dress my parents made me wear. I slip on jeans, a tee shirt, and a hoodie.

After hiding the dress under my bed, I inch my way over to the window, careful to not make noise. I open the window and climb out into the tree. The cool wind nips at me as I close the window so it doesn't look like I've left our house. I then realize that I forgot my coat but it's too late to go back now.

I walk down the street until I find Tobias's car parked with some of my friends inside. "Hi. We need to make sure we're back by then o'clock," I say as I sit down in the passenger's seat. Zeke and Shauna sit in the backseat.

"Well, if we can make it to the 7:00 show we should be good," Tobias says. I look at him, confused. We haven't decided what movie we're going to see yet.

"How do you the time the movie starts if we haven't decided, yet," Shauna points out, the same confusion masking her voice.

"Oh, well we just figured you all would want to go see Guardians of the Galaxy," Tobias says with a shrug.

"No! I was thinking we could go see If I Stay," I hint.

"No!" Zeke and Tobias groan.

"Oh, I read that. It was so good," Shauna says I turn around and look back at her.

"Me, too! I loved it. And the second book, if only there was someone to take us," I say before a sigh. Shauna sighs, too.

"Fine, but we have to run it by everyone else," Tobias says.

                                                                 °°°

Tobias pulls up down the street from my house. It's a quarter till 10 and the space to park near my house is still crowded. I gather my belongings and I get out of the car. Tobias comes around and gives me a quick kiss.

"Thank you for taking me to see If I Stay," I say.

"I would do anything for you," Tobias says. He leans his forehead down on my head and gives me another kiss. I pull back after a few seconds.

"Tobias, I have to go. I don't want my parents to know I snuck out," I say.

"Okay, I love you, Tris," Tobias says after giving me a quick peck on the cheek.

"I love you, too," I say. I give him a quick hug and hurry to the tree next to my window. I climb up it and ease my way through the window.

I run over to my bed and pull the dress out from under my bed. I change quickly. As I walk out of the bathroom I hear someone calling my name. My father.
I hope you enjoyed this chapter! There might be another tomorrow. But, I'm not sure. Please comment and leave ideas. All please feel free to send me a message.

Disclaimer: Veronica Roth owns Divergent. And, since I'm not Veronica Roth I do not own Divergent.