Chapter 64

Tris P.O.V.

My locker door swings open and hits the locker to the right. Lauren stands against the locker next to mine with an evil look on her face. I hang my purse up and turn to her with my hand on my hip.

"Hey, Tris. How are you doing?" she asks. I roll my eyes.

"What do you want, Lauren?" I ask. A wicked smile takes control of her face.

"Prom," she says. I turn my head as if it would help me to understand easier.

"What do you mean?" I ask. She laughs as if it is the met obvious thing in the world.

"Prom Queen. Everyone has been buzzing about you and Four for the prom court. So don't go," she states. I roll my eyes.

"Why would I not go?" I ask. She just shrugs and pretends to pick at her nails.

"Oh, I don't know. I guess we wouldn't want everyone to know about that secret of yours," she says. I get some books out of my locker and pretend I don't know what she is talking about.

"And what is that?" I ask. Her evil grin becomes even larger.

"Oh, you know. How you're pregnant and stuff," she says.

"And why would you think that?" I ask.

"Well, first of all it didn't take much time for the news that you moved in with Four to spread around. There are even rumors your parents kicked you out. Then, you were shopping at a store with pregnant women. And, finally, my mom, who is pregnant, told me this story of how a guy asked a girl to prom while she was the doctor's office. So, I put the pieces together and I got this," she says. I close my locker.

"And, those three really don't mean a thing. Do you know how many pregnant teenagers there are in Chicago?" I ask.

"Yeah, sure. But how many of them are still with the daddy know that they're knocked up?" she asks. She leans over and stands right next to my ear. "And you're not doing well at hiding the baby bump," she asks.

"Why do you even care?" I ask. She just shrugs.

"I don't. . . But the rest of the school probably does," she states.

"What will it take for you to keep it a secret?" I ask. A smirk is already on her face. She knows our secret and is going to use it against us.

"I'll make you an offer. You don't go to Prom and I won't tell your secret," she offers.

"Fine. It's a deal," I agree.
Well, it looks like Tris isn't going to prom. Please comment and vote for the next chapter!

Disclaimer: Since I am not Veronica Roth, I do not own Divergent.