Chapter 25

Tobias P.O.V.

I score the last point of the game, winning the first game of the season for our school. I run over to the team and we all do one of those huddle cheer things. Tris takes a bunch of pictures of us. But there is something off about her. She isn't smiling the way she normally does. Plus, she refuses to look in my eyes. Christina comes over to Tris and starts talking to her. Tris seems distant, though.

I run into the locker room and take a shower. I change quickly and run out to where all of our friends are meeting. Everyone is there. Except for one person. Tris. She's gone.

"Where is Tris?" I ask, suddenly worried.

"We don't know. We thought you two ran away from a secret make out session or something," Uriah says.

"So Tris suddenly disappears while we were all changing?" I ask.

"It appears so. She seemed to be very distant when we were talking after the game. She almost didn't want to look me in the eyes," Christina says. I nod, scared of what might be going on with her.

"Maybe she went on to Dave's," Zeke suggests. Maybe he is right. Dave's Pizza is the pizza place we have always hung out at after the games in High School.

"Yeah. Why don't we check there," I suggest. So we do. We all get in our separate cars and drive there. I drove there by myself and I get there early. I get out of the car and a hand grabs mine. I think it is Tris's hand but when I turn around I see a different face. I see Lauren's face.

"What do you want, Lauren. I'm looking for someone," I say, aggravated.

"Why do you and all of your friends address me like that?" she asks. Her question hits me with confusion. Who is she talking about?

"What are you talking about?" I ask in a monotone voice.

"Oh. You don't know. Tris and I had a very interesting conversation before she ran away," she states. I can feel the anger rising inside me. It is boiling in me but I manage to keep it under control.

"What conversation?" I ask. Now, Tris running away makes much more sense. This is all Lauren's fault. I can already conclude that before she tells me.

"Well. It wasn't very long. It was just a small chat about how Tris didn't deserve you and she realized that," Lauren states like it means nothing. Now I know what this means.

"You know, Lauren. You kind of lost my respect after the home coming dance but now I know the kind of person you are. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go find Tris," I explain. I jump in my car and speed away to Tris's house before Lauren can say another word. I pull up to Tris's house and see her car in the drive way. I look in the windows and see the lights are off in most of the house. When I look at her room, all I can see is a dim light. Probably her television.

I walk over to the oak tree next to her window. I look up and finally notice the small form hiding in the branches. "Tris," I whisper. Her blue eyes look down at me. I grab a branch and I begin to pull my way up through the branches.

"Tobias, go away please," I hear Tris whisper. She begins to crawl away towards her window. She reaches the frame and goes to close it but I'm close enough to stick my hand in.

"Tris, we need to talk," I say. I reach the branch closest to her window and climb in. Tris is holding her legs to her chest on her bed. I sit next to her and put my arms around.

"What is it?" she whispers in a voice barely audible.

"I know what Lauren told you. And she is wrong, Tris. If anything, I don't deserve you," I whisper to her.

"But what about college, Tobias? What about when we go our separate ways and we don't see each other any more? Why don't we just end things now instead of having the ghost of each other haunt us?" I ask.

"Tris, we can figure it. We can get through it together," I say.

"But what if we can't? I don't want to be heart broken when my new life begins," she says. I kiss her passionately.

"Because I love you, Tris! And we can get through this together!" I explain. She looks at me and I realize what I just did. We have never told each other that we actually love each other. But I did.

"Tris, I-" I start.

"It's okay. I love you, too," she says before she kisses me.

So, I decided I would go ahead and update again tonight because I extra time. So, please comment and vote. And, please leave ideas! I would love some. I'm sorry that this one is also kind of short.

Disclaimer: I do not own Divergent. Veronica Roth does.