Chapter 55

"Hey, Tris! Look at these little booties! Girl baby clothes are adorable," Christina squeals. I look around the Kmart children's and baby section to make sure I don't recognize anyone.

"Christina, hold it down. We aren't looking for baby clothes. I don't know the gender and I don't plan on it until it's born," I explain. She sighs and rolls her eyes and follows me to the isle where pacifiers and toys are located.

"Tris, why are you getting this stuff so early?" Christina asks.

"I know my parents aren't going to help pay for any of this when they find out so I'm spending my clothes allowance and other money they give me for this," Under explain.

"So, you haven't told your mom and dad?" Christina asks. I shake my head and pick up a pack of baby bottles.

"No. My father will throw a fit. I'm letting things stay good between us all for as long as possible. I'll tell them before I start showing," I explain. She nods ands throws some bibs in my basket.

"And that explains why we had to come an hour out of Chicago to find stuff for your baby," she guesses.

"Also the same reason we are taking this stuff to Four's house after when we get back," I explain. She nods and we continue to pick through necessities that we will need.

                                                                     §§§

"How much did you get today?" Tobias asks. I glance over at the door where Christina stands with a bored look on her face.

"What we needed to get," I explain. He nods and leans his forehead down so it touches mine.

"You still haven't told them?" he asks. I shake my head and look out the window. "Tris, you're three months along. They'll find out soon enough," he states. I nod and stare into icy blue eyes.

"I know. I'm just scared. I don't know what they will do or say. They aren't easy to talk to," I explain. He plants a soft kiss on my lips.

"We will find a way," he says.

"Thank you," I whisper.

"Plus, I better they are easier to approach then me," he jokes.

"Like a bed of nails," I respond causing both of us to laugh.
I'm sorry I haven't been updating as much lately. I've just been distracted by my other story and reading. Please comment and vote!

Disclaimer: Veronica Roth owns Divergent, not me.