Chapter 21: The Grand Magic Games: Day One

It's only a matter of time until the rest of the members and elements returned from their exploration of Crocus City. There is no telling what will happen if the clock strikes 12 o'clock so they need to hurry back lest they want to deal with the wrath of a certain Titania- and a scolding from Earth in the elements' case.

Two people are seen walking down the street. One in brown and one in body armor. They had finished eating at a nearby restaurant. Pricey but more worth it for their begging stomachs. They proceed to head back to the Honeybee Inn before midnight strikes.

"Do you think the others are back yet? It's almost time until the clock hits 12 o'clock. Do you know anything about it if it did strike?" Earth voiced out. Erza's eyes were widened when she heard him saying it. Suddenly, she took his hand and hurried back to the inn.

Caught off guard by the action, he wondered what made her start to run. Unless... something had happened back at the inn?

He did definitely feel something someone had hit him in the back of the head.

*****

"Did... something happen...?" Ying is the first to enter when she saw Water sprawled on the floor. Following inside are the rest and shared an expression of surprise. Fire and Wind almost threw a fit of laughter when they saw him.

"Cut it out you two. In a way, you're laughing at yourself looking like that." Lightning scolded and helped the poor water element back up on his feet. Fazed by it, he gently put him on the bed.

"Hi guys~. You're back this early~." One could say that tone is as lovely as an angel's tone but behind it holds a maliciously eerie voice which can send shivers down in anyone's spine. Of course, it was Hanna, gently sipping her tea and pretending like nothing has happened.

"H-Hanna...? Did anything happened to BoBoiBoy...?" Ying asked nervously to her best friend.

"Hmm? You mean Water? No~ nothing happened at all. He must've slipped and fell asleep on the floor~." Hanna replied with the same tone. Too nervous to ask another question, Ying decided to leave it at that. Before they start discussing, the door flung open to reveal Earth and Erza.

"Hey Erza! What's going on?" Lucy exclaimed.

"I should be asking you that. What seems to be happening around here?" Erza demanded to know when she had that feeling going inside her gut.

"I believe I can explain that~"Hanna said causing everyone to turn to her.

What really happened...

When the duo left to get some dinner in their bellies, Water, who happened to wake up due to Earth's reminder, still lay awake in bed and stared at the white ceiling. He heard the water stop running in the bathroom and assumed she is already done bathing. He considered going back to sleep but convinced himself to make himself awake in case the others return from exploring.