Chapter 26: The Siblings' Promise

Flashback
TEMPUR-A Headquarters
With Sai

This job isn't suited for the shield wielding male. He isn't paid for standing around here doing absolutely nothing. But it's their job to stand guard if some alien or any threat comes through here, they'll have to get through The Shield Siblings. He caught sight of her sister about to doze off from extreme boredom. He recalled the talk they just had a few days ago. His words still resounded in his head. He meant it literally. He'll do anything to risk his life to protect the one he values and cares the most.

After all, no danger has come yet. The square headed alien with his robot companion were awfully quiet since the last time they invaded the headquarters. He still kicked himself for not being strong enough to take down the alien himself. He had to rely on his sister's and Ramenman's help in driving out the troublesome alien. While he appreciates the help, he still want to take things on his own.

His thoughts drifted off to somewhere. He started thinking about BoBoiBoy and his friends. Speaking of BoBoiBoy, Sai thought he was weak at first when they first met. That later changed as BoBoiBoy angrily transformed into Fire and a blazing eruption occured around him. Sai was surprised, that's all. The boy displayed the act of true courage, determination, and dedication to protect his friends even if it means getting himself in harm's way.

He held great respect towards him. In fact, he cannot wait to thank BoBoiBoy for all of his deeds done a few months ago. But alas, if they managed to make their way back here from that unknown world. He still held onto hope that they will make it back safe and sound.

His eyes gazed to his sister. She is asleep while standing. The thought never occurred to him. How can people stand straight while sleeping? What is the secret of this maneuver?

"Sai?" His beloved sister, who was asleep just a few moments ago, asked him softly with her head still facing forward. "Can I ask you something?"

Sai brushed his drowsiness aside and a questioning look appeared on his face. "Of course. What's on your mind?"

Shielda bit her lip. She was anticipating about something. She had no idea why this feeling came suddenly. Her eyes wavered somewhere to not meet her brother's emerald eyes.

"Promise me one thing." She breathed in and out to exert her nervousness. The silence is really bothering her to the max.

"Please... No matter what happens to us, would you stay by my side? I'm... I'm worried about the future ahead of us. If I were to lose you, then that's it for me. So please, don't leave me."

Her true feelings were revealed. Shielda just needed some closure. She can't risk losing her only family she ever has. She looked after him long enough to starting to training with him to become stronger together.

Sai lost his breath for a second. After hearing those words, he never thought Shielda is having a struggle to cope with her own being. She keeps up the tough girl look whenever he is around her. The fierce look in her eyes when someone bats an eye on them. She'll do whatever it takes to make sure none of them gets in a dangerous situation. She has momentarily failed her task after the battle with Captain Vargoba.

She wants to protect him because she is his beloved twin sister.

"Of course. I'll never leave you sis."