Chapter 22: The Grand Magic Games: Day One [Continuation]

Flashback

"Hey, where are you going?" Lightning noticed one person not with the group and addressed to the purple haired boy, who is trying to sneak away. Fang clicked his tongue before coming up with an excuse.

"I... I need some fresh air so I'll be going over somewhere right now."

Worst. Excuse. Ever.

"Fang, why would you want some fresh air when everywhere around you is fresh air? Unless you want air from Wind then I can-" Fang cut him off.

"No really that's fine. I just need some time alone so I'll see you guys back at the inn." Fang left before Lightning can say anything. Ying happened to arrive at a right time. "Hey Lightning, did you see Fang anywhere? I have something to give him." He pointed to the direction he was heading. Ying thanked him and ran off with her time abilities. She spotted Fang walking on a sidewalk and went up to him unexpectedly that caught him off guard.

"Geez! Are you trying to scare me?" Fang exclaimed and the other giggled. "Did it work?" She smiled ever so widely to which Fang rolled his eyes. "Anyways, why are you here? Why aren't you with the others?"

"Don't worry. I told them to wait for me because I have something to give you." She held out something in her closed hand. "What's that?"

"Close your eyes and you'll see what I mean."

He did as she told him as he closed his eyelids. He felt something wrapped around his neck. "Alright, you can open your eyes now." He slowly opened to find a purple necklace with a little chibi Ying figurine dangling at the end.

"Surprise! Do you like it?" Ying asked with gleaming eyes. Fang eyed the item before giving an honest answer. "It's cool. I like it. Thanks Ying." He smiled.

Ying blushed a bit. "Y-yeah you're welcome. I bought these at a local store where they make this figurines and placed them in certain holders. So I asked the store owner to make a replica of us in a form of necklaces." Ying poked her cheeks with her fingers and did a smiley face with her tongue out.

"Wait, you have one too?" Fang raised an eyebrow before Ying showed him hers. A yellow and blue necklace with a chibi Fang at the bottom. "Pretty amazing, right? I can't wait to show this to Hanna and the rest. I've even given Gopal one too since he begged me to." This elicit a laugh from the purple haired boy.

"That's funny. Also, I gotta ask."

"What is it?" Ying tilted her head. An action that Fang found to be incredibly cute.

"Wh-why is your figurine on mine and mine is on yours? Sh-shouldn't it be the other way around?" A flustered Fang asked while holding his necklace. That question caught her off guard.

"I-I just thought that... whenever we're separated, we'll have something to remember. Yeah, like a remembrance to each other or something." She answered shakily while letting out a nervous laugh. "...and to always have something to remember me..." She whispered the last part.

"Huh? Did you say something?"necklace aned closer. Ying yelped in surprise which in turn caused Fang to cried out in surprise as well. There was an awkward moment until they laughed loudly.

"Hahahaha... Yeah... Listen, I gotta go now. Thank you for the necklace Ying. It... means a lot." Fang needed to go right now but Ying stopped him. "And where do you think you're going at a time like this?" There is absolutely no way out of this as she placed her hands firmly on Fang's arms. Even if he tries to squirm his way out, she can still catch him until he gave his answer.