Twenty two

The noise in the club was overwhelmingly loud but Jimin didn't care. He just wanted to drown his sorrows in more and more alcohol. As he downed the eighth bottle, Jungkook stuck out his hand and snatched the bottle from him.

"Yah Jungkookah, let me drink!" Jimin screamed.

"No hyung, you've taken too much already. You're too wasted" Jungkook said.

Jimin just placed his hand on his head his face red. Jungkook looked at his wrist watch. It was some few minutes past eleven and way past their curfew.

"Come Jimin, we have to go home!"

"Shiro! I don't want to see that bastard's face... That betrayer!" He shouted drunkenly.

"Yah Jimin you are too drunk. We have to go. Besides, you have the press meeting to attend tomorrow morning"

Jimin belched and muttered something under his breath as Jungkook stood up from the couch and carried him from under his arms. But Jimin was too drunk and he fell across Jungkook's chest.

Jungkook gulped staring down into Jimin's eyes.

"Jungkookshi....let me ask you something" the older muttered.

Jungkook blinked repeatedly completely distracted by the feeling of Jimin's chest on his and his alcohol intoxicated breath on his cheeks. He blushed so hard nodding his head.

"Go ahead hyung"

Jimin sighed. "If you were in Taehyung's shoes, would you ever deny me?"

Jungkook's eyes softened as he stared at the drunken man. "No, never. I would run away with you hyung, I will leave everything and everyone behind just to be with you. I will shout it out to the whole world that you are mine"

Jimin chuckled, his face flushing. "Really?" he blurted out then his eyes fell and sadness overtook him again.

"But Taehyung isn't like you...i wish he was"

Jungkook didn't know what got into him but he grabbed Jimin's waist and pulled him closer so they were now looking deep into each other's eyes.

"Jimin, Taehyung doesn't deserve someone like you. He doesn't deserve your love. He's nothing but a coward"

He smiled. "But I'm not a coward hyung. If you give me the chance, I can make you very happy. Happier than Taehyung ever made you and ever will"

Jimin suddenly laughed. His laughter sounding like music to Jungkook's ears.

"You are so cute" he muttered and traced his fingers on Jungkook's face. All the latter could see was his plump red lips. The lips he had always dreamt of kissing. He moved closer but then froze as Jimin's hand fell loosely to his sides and his head hit Jungkook's chest.

He had passed out.

"Shit!" Jungkook cursed as he held Jimin's body closer to his. His phone suddenly began ringing continuously in his pocket so with one hand holding Jimin, he used the other to fetch out his phone and answer the call. It was Hoseok and he sounded worried.

"Yah, where the hell are the both of you?"

"We are at a club hyung!"

"Club?" Hoseok screamed.

"Jimin needed to get things off his chest but we are on our way home now"

"Okay but hurry. Everyone is worried"

Jungkook knew Taehyung would be the most worried. He was probably beating himself up at the dorm tormenting himself with all the possibilities of what he and Jimin were doing. He smiled to himself and with some effort managed to piggy back Jimin and left the club.