Twenty four

Jimin waited for the door to open tucking his hands into his pocket. His phone had been ringing non stop so he switched it off completely.

This was the last place he should be knowing his parents would have found out about his scandal already but he suddenly found himself here. He needed to come home and feel a little bit of peace.

The door finally opened and a chubby averagely tall woman wearing spectacles opened the door slowly. She observed him without any expression on her face.

"Jimin?" She whispered.

Jimin smiled painfully "Eomma..."

She opened the door wider and he entered wrapping his arms securely around himself.

She quietly looked at him curiously as he stood in the middle of the sitting room awkwardly.

"Do you want some tea?" She said.

He just nodded and Jimin sat on the couch looking around the house. Due to his busy schedules, it had been so long since he came home. He often called his parents and chatted his brother online during his spare time but he hadn't visited home in almost two years.

The walls and shelves were filled with pictures that contained the memories of the family. From his parents wedding pictures, he and his brother's baby and teenage pictures, pictures of his graduation. He felt his heart sting a little when he saw the picture of him and Taehyung on the day of their graduation, the frame placed strategically at the second shelf close to the window. Their arms where on each other's shoulders as they smiled widely to the camera. He tore his gaze away from the tormenting picture to focus on his mother walking towards him with a tray in her hands, a kettle and tea cup on top.

She smiled and placed the tray on the table.

"It's lemon tea, your favorite" she said.

He nodded. "Thanks mom"

Then he grabbed the tea cup. "What about Dad and Jongho?"

"Your father went on a business trip while your older brother is on a vacation with his girlfriend"

Jimin nodded and sipped his tea enjoying the taste. Only his mother knew how to make the tea exactly the way he liked it. As he lowered the cup and licked his lips, he noticed his mother's countenance had changed. She suddenly seemed very serious.

"Jimin, I heard the news"

His fingers trembled and he quickly dropped the cup on the table so he wouldn't break it in the height of his anxiety. His mother cleared her throat.

"Everyone knows including your father and he isn't happy about it"

Jimin gulped biting his lips. His mother sighed and left the seat in front of him to sit beside him.

"Jimin, I want you to look into my eyes and tell me the truth"

He slowly looked at her and he could see curiosity lingering in her eyes.

"What they are saying in the news about you dating Taehyung...is it true?"

Jimin's lips trembled. His whole body shook as he thought about the situation he was in. He shouldn't have come here. He wasn't ready to come out to her yet and the overwhelming shame he was feeling was so hard to endure but he knew the truth. He couldn't keep running away even though she ends up hating him. He didn't know when he burst into tears nearly choking as he cried.

"I'm sorry..." He wailed loudly. "I'm so sorry mother"

But he froze when he felt her arms encircle him, her strong cinnamon scent enveloping him.