Chapter 38

As I pulled Hayes into a hug I let my tears fall onto his shirt. I let everything that I had been holding in come out in a bundle of tears.

"I missed you." Hayes whispered in my ear.

"This doesn't change anything. I just needed someone." I told him as I pulled away and whipped my tears away.

"What did I do that was so wrong?" He asked me.

"Ever since I met you my whole life has changed. There's been a wedge between Kylie and I. Both of our parents died, that's not your fault but maybe your bad luck." I couldn't look at his dreamy eyes as I told him this.

"I can change." Hayes said softly as he grabbed my hands.

"It's not just that. I have changed who I am for you. I have gone through pain, sacrifice, love, guilt, and so much more just for you but maybe it's not worth it." As I said this I used everyone of strength I had to spit out those words.

"But I love you." Hayes told me.

"We're thirteen, that's to young for love. Maybe your just a some summer fling Hayes and maybe it's for the best, but I have to move on." I felt a few tears slip down my cheeks.

"It's not a mistake. You have changed me too but for the better. I finally know what it feels like to have a purpose." He looked at me and I knew Hayes was trying really hard not to cry.

"You don't love me, you love Kylie. Go be happy and get your dream girl, don't let me stand in your way. Being with you has changed my life, it has given me an escape from reality but I can't live in some dream world anymore." With those words I was practically crying my heart out.

"I did have feelings for Kylie but your the one that I want." Hayes told me and I saw his eyes begin to water.

"I'm sorry. I'm going to the airport, my flight takes off at midnight. You have until then to say goodbye, but there is no future for us. I love you but I can't be with you if I'm not your dream girl." I let go of is hands and started to walk away. "I'll never forget you." I whispered as I left him standing in his doorway.

THE END...

Authors note

Hey, so don't get mad at me that I ended the story and it's extremely short. However I tried to put some emotion into the ending for you guys. In a way this has been my escape from reality but yesterday I woke up from some dream world and I felt a need to end this story and say goodbye. We'll anyway I love you all so much and oh my goodness I never thought I would get so many reads on a story that I wrote while in communications cause I was bored. Thanks so much if you stuck with me till the end even though I was basically inactive with this story for a month.

I love you guys so much for reading my story.

Good bye. I'll never forget you.