Chapter 1

Nalia's POVSunday morning and the family is still asleep, why wouldn't they? It is 4 in the morning

Nalia's POV
Sunday morning and the family is still asleep, why wouldn't they? It is 4 in the morning.

I'm awake this early because I have insomnia and it's honestly the worst because I can't seem to fall asleep when I want to and sleep just seems to attack me during unexpected moments.

I took a shower and began doing my usual morning routine.

Then, I selected my outfit for church, a white figure-hugging two piece skirt and shirt, with orange-colored heels.

I went downstairs and started making breakfast which consisted of waffles, eggs, sausage, and bacon.

By the time I was done mother, father and my twin sister came downstairs one at a time.

"Good Morning, Nalia" Mother said, sitting down.

I nodded my head to acknowledge her, I haven't said a word to my parents and sister for almost 5 years now.

"Gross, the eggs have salt in it" Diamond screeched annoyingly making overreacted facial expressions to make her stupid point about some damn eggs.

'At least, I cooked for your ungrateful ass' I thought to myself angrily.

"She's right you know the eggs are pretty salty," Mother said while Father nods his head in agreement.

'Enough of this shit' I sat up grabbing each one of their plates stacking them before walking to the garbage.

"What the hell are you doing? I was eating that!" Diamond cried out as I threw the food into the bin.

After throwing the food out, I put the plate inside the sink. I turned around to be met with Diamond's hateful glare "wash the dishes" I pointed at her then at the dirty plates.

"I hate her" I heard Diamond mumble under her breath. I grabbed my bag and walked out of the house.

My family and I don't have any connection at all, I look nothing like them and act no way near their stuck up charade they show outsiders.

Honestly, it's sad and pathetic how they crave attention and social gratification so much.

Others would say I should be thankful that I have a roof over my head, what's a home if it never felt like one?

These people stopped taking care of me as soon as I turned 8 and I quote "You're a big girl now and we want you to take care of yourself" How exactly? I was merely a child then but little did I know they were right all along.

Diamond, on the other hand, was treated like a princess and that stupid brat got anything that she wanted in a heartbeat.

If someone was to ask me "do you Love your family and would you die for them?" My only answer would be absolutely not! Why would I have that sort of energy for people I know won't have the same for me?

If not for Mr and Mrs. Chen, our next-door neighbors that took proper care of me, sometimes I feel like they raised me as their own to fill that void of losing their only child back in China 22 years ago.

When Mr. Chen died 4 years ago. He put me as part of his will on my 18th birthday. Apparently, I'm now the Heir of their clothing company that has branches in China, the U.S. and most parts of Europe.

Nobody else knows this besides Mrs. Chen and their lawyer, she said after I graduated college said she'll continue her duties as CEO and my graduation is a week away.

Now you might wonder, why would they leave such a big responsibility on a girl that's not even related to them? Hell, I don't even know the answer to that question myself.

I went over to Granny's house and knocked on the door, once she opened, I was blessed with her beautiful dazzling smile. "Good morning, Granny" I greeted her enthusiastically. This wonderful woman including her late husband were the only one people I spoke comfortably to on the regular.

You might think she's all old and wrinkly but she looks way too young for her age of 60.

"Oh good morning child, how are you? Did those people give you any trouble" Ugh, I love her so much. She held my face in her warm hands.

"A little but I don't care, I just wanted to see you before going to church," I told her as she looked at my outfit smirking "You look fetching" She said in a simi valley accent making me giggle.

"Ok bye, see you when I get back grams then we can go visit grandpa" She smiled sadly at me, bending my head to her level, she placed a motherly kiss on my temple.

I got into my car connecting the bluetooth and I started playing Bittersweet Symphony by The Verve.

I began humming the instrumental part of the song and sang the lyrics to the top of my lungs until my throat started to ache a little.

After, 40 minutes of trying to avoid the Sunday morning traffic. I finally entered the church's parking lot and I saw the family just arriving also.

Exiting my car, I made my way to the church entrance ignoring my father's calling my name from behind.

They should know that I could care less about their "Perfect Family" image. I simply acted like I didn't hear him calling my name.

Please vote and comment.
Until next time...