Chapter 4

Nalia's POVBrrrgg Brrrgg Brrrgg Brrrrgg! I slammed my hand on my alarm, I gotta go to school to get my cap and gown today

Nalia's POV
Brrrgg Brrrgg Brrrgg Brrrrgg! I slammed my hand on my alarm, I gotta go to school to get my cap and gown today.

I walked into my bathroom and jumped in the shower and did my daily hygiene and took out my outfit.

Making my way downstairs to grab a yogurt from the fridge before I leave and my gaze fell on a small post it on the fridge and it said:

"Nalia these are the list of things I want you to make for breakfast and it must be prepared before we wake up, love your mother" She must've been drunk when she wrote this because I gotta go to school and you got another grown bitch in the house to prepare your food.

They better get their precious Diamond to do it cuz it ain't gon be me. I went next door to Granny's house and slid my key into the door.

Walking into the kitchen I made Granny a little breakfast with Yogurt, granola, and fruits and her favorite ginger & honey tea.

Placing everything on a tray started walking to her bedroom, I softly knocked before opening the door to enter. Granny, stirred from her sleep her eyes landed on me and she smiled

"Good morning Granny how did you sleep, "看,我让你吃早餐," I said walking more into the room

Translation: Look, I made you breakfast.

I sat on the edge of her and placed the tray on her lap "oh thank you so much child, I see that your Mandarin is getting better" she tilted my forehead and placed a kiss on it.

"I wanted to see you before I left for school" She nodded her head while sipping on the warm tea.

I kissed her cheek standing up "don't forget to come to the company for your lessons" I looked over my shoulder and winked at her then walked out hearing her loud giggles from behind the closed door.

Time Skip...

As I entered the cool conditioned environment of ChenSheng, I swung the paper bag with my graduation cap and gown side to side.

"Good afternoon, young miss" The middle-aged receptionist Mrs.White greeted and smiled

waving at her. I walked into the private elevator and pressed the #56 which is the last floor only the CEO, the secretary, and assistant offices are there.

"Please hold the door" I heard a deep, velvety, accented voice call out.

I pressed the stop button looking over at the darkskin Adonis before me.

He was about about 6'ft tall, the first thing I noticed were his eyes. Lanky but still muscular.

Clear skin, bushy yet shapely eyebrows and he looked to me in his early 20s. Then again, I could be wrong.

The one thing that caught my attention were his eyes. In all the 18 years of my life, I've never seen anything like it.

A person having two different eye colors, one was bright blue and the other was dark brown. It was beautiful.

I saw a hand waving in my face and it was Mr. Hotness, then I realized my stupid ass had stared at him for too long.

"Oh sorry, I sort of blanked out" I mentally hit my forehead repeatedly. I'm surprised that I spoke to him without any problems because I rarely talk to strangers or people in general.

"It's fine Love, I was just saying thank you" He smirked at me.

"The name's Elijah Newton" He offered me his hand to shake.

I firmly grasped it "Nalia Andrews" I say confidently.

A shiver ran down my spine kind of electric and it scared me a bit. The elevator dinged and we got off at the same time.

"See you around, Love" He took the back of my hand and placed a gentle kiss on it, winking making my cheeks heat up.

I almost whimpered due to the loss of skinship when he let go of my hand. I might be blushing but he can't tell.

I turned around smiling like a teenage girl who just developed a crush on someone while I headed to the snack room before going to meet Granny in her office.

Please vote and Comment
Until Next Time...