Chapter 44

Elijah's POV3 years later

                      Elijah's POV
3 years later...

"Eli!" I heard my name being called by a very familiar voice I can recognize anywhere.

I swiftly turned around to see my Lia running up to me, her arms spread apart, a big wide smile on her face and her dark eyes shining with unshed tears.

Then she jumped, wrapping her arms and legs around me.

'Holy shit, she smells like heaven' I thought to myself breathing in her coconut and apple candy scent.

Hearing the loud gasps from the onlookers around the lobby I paid no mind to them.

"This is a dream right?" I stupidly asked.

"No, silly I'm here it's the real me," Lia said giggling holding my face in her hands she crushed her plush lips on mines.

More gasps and chattering surrounded us.
Three years.

Three long fucking years since I've seen her, touched her, hugged her, kissed her and got a whiff of that same intoxicating scent of hers.

Since both companies were becoming even more successful, Lia and I had no time to be together during the holidays.

As CEOs, we couldn't have time no matter how many trips or vacations we planned on our countless Skype and FaceTime sessions, something always seems to hinder our plans.

God, I missed her! "I missed you so much," Lia said sobbing violently against me.

"Me too Love, me too," I said patting her head lovingly.

Lia slowly untangles her leg from waist lowering her body till she stood on both feet.

Her body still close to mine "Let's go to your office. I have so much to tell you." She said with giddy excitement and a permanent smile dancing on her lips.

Lia's dark eyes still shined brightly due to her tears.

I was so dumbfounded that I had no control over my body movements.

"Eli, are you alright?" Lia asked worriedly rubbing her thumb on my jaw.

"Ah, yes, sorry about that. I blanked out for a few there." I apologized holding her hand in mine.

As I pulled her along with me to the private elevator for the CEO and the board executives.

A few minutes later, we arrived at the top floor.

Emerging out the metal box. My secretary Ms. Davies, who previously worked for my father came rushing towards us.

"Good Morning, Mr. Newton" She greeted in a professional respectful manner, then her eyes landed on Lia.

"Ms. Davies, this is my girlfriend Nalia Chen, CEO of ChenSheng enterprise." I proudly introduced my girl to the older woman.

Ms. Davies gasped in astonishment and looked at me.