Chapter 3

Nalia's POVSurprisingly there was no type of traffic on the highway, so we made it on time before the guard closed up the cemetery

Nalia's POV
Surprisingly there was no type of traffic on the highway, so we made it on time before the guard closed up the cemetery.

We finally found Grandpa's stone and fresh daisies flowers were around it because that was his favorite and Granny always made sure flowers were delivered here every 3 days, she loves that man so much.

Someday I wish to have a love so strong like they had. Something real, so everlasting even though one of them is gone now.

I laid a blanket on the grassy ground and Granny opened up the lunchboxes and pulled out an old Chinese plum wine that she and Grandpa loved and 3 glasses.

I know one is hers, and the second is Grandpa's and I know damn well the last glass is not mine.

Well, it turned out that I was wrong. I looked at her accusingly
"Granny, you know I don't like drinking" She rolled her eyes at me before speaking nonchalantly.

"Oh shush child, make an exception today. It's your Grandfather's death anniversary" I sucked my teeth.

"Touché" I guessed she's right.

"Ok, for Grandpa I shall slowly destroy my liver" Granny snorted at my comment.

"It's just one glass and it's not even filled to the brim," She says sarcastically hitting my shoulder.

"Come on let's eat" Then she hands me the metal chopsticks.

The food included my favorites cut up fried beef tenderloin, bean sprouts, boiled spinach, and seasoned orange bell pepper and sticky white rice.

'Mmm, this looks so yummy' I licked my lips staring at the food before the monster in my stomach urged me to start eating. I devoured and gobbled everything like I haven't eaten in days.

Granny hit the back of my head again, "stop eating so fast child or you might get indigestion" She hands me a water bottle to drink some water.

After drinking the whole bottle I spoke "You gon have to stop hitting me one of these days" I hissed in pain as I touched the spot she had hit.

She just shrugged her shoulders nonchalantly before speaking;
"If that's what I have to do to keep you in check so be it" I gasped placing a hand on my chest. I turned my body to Grandpa's stone pouting

"Look Grandpa, she keeps abusing me" I jokingly say pointing to Granny.

"Don't point and he will most definitely say you deserved it" I sighed in defeat. She's right because when Grandpa was alive he always did and agreed with whatever Granny said.

"You're a meanie"'I folded my hands pouting

"But you love me" she squeezed my cheeks making me cringe in annoyance.

"Come on it's already quarter to 7, we have to go train your lazy self" Granny starts packing up and I did the same and we both did a curtsy bow that is how to show respect in Chinese culture bidding him goodbye until next Sunday.

Time Skip...

We finally arrived home after a long day "Granny can I sleep here today?" I took her hands in mine swinging it side to side.

I have my own bedroom and clothes here already and Granny always makes sure to keep it clean for me because I sleep here more than I do in my family's home.

Although Granny is stinking rich, she and Grandpa never flaunted their wealth to be acknowledged because of their social-economic status.

"No child, not today I want to be alone tonight" She saw the sad look on my face

She holds my cheek in her palms using her thumbs to rub my cheeks lightly

"You understand my reason right, darling?" I know what she meant so I just hugged her and said goodnight.

Unlike Granny, my family flaunted their wealth so much. I unlocked the door "where the hell have you been, young lady!" Father yells and I just kept walking up the stairs

"She probably went whoring around town" Diamond sneered, making Mother giggle.

'Well, I'm not the one with the gigantic hole between her legs. I know all your secrets' I wanted to say it out loud but just ignored her because I'm not going to stoop low to their level.

Honestly, I'm way too blessed to be stressed by nonsensical things. I'm seriously disappointed that I share the same blood as them.

I walked into my bathroom stripped out of my clothes and turned the water from hot to cold because cold showers are the best in my opinion.

I let the water dance on my skin for a few minutes before using my body wash. 25 mins later I got out the shower wrapping a towel around my body and walked out the bathroom to my room.

Every single thing in this bedroom was purchased by me and Granny of course. The Andrews only provided me the space to occupy.

I got under my sheets and slept in my birthday suit because sleeping naked is the best.

Staring at the star-shaped neon night lights on the ceiling trying to bring peace into my mind.

"Alexa play, rain sounds" The things I have to do for insomnia.

Please Vote and Comment
Until Next Time...