Chapter 10

Elijah's POVIt's been 5 weeks since Lia graduation and we have been going out on random dates but she's in denial

                      Elijah's POV
It's been 5 weeks since Lia graduation and we have been going out on random dates but she's in denial.

We act so much like a couple but she likes playing hard to get and I'm gonna have to make her fall for my charms, but I don't know how to.

Maybe I should call Dad and ask him for some advice because my Mum was always a feisty one when my father was pursuing her.

Dad says he has tamed her but I don't see it at all, because she still is till this day a spitfire.

I called my Dad "Hello Father" He picked up on the first ring as always.

"How are you doing Elijah, hope everything is fine over there?" Dad asks me like the concerned father he has always been.

"Is that my baby!" I heard my Mum's chipper voice in the background.

"Calm down woman and don't snatch the phone from me, I'll give it to you" I heard my Dad speak in mock anger towards her.

"Hi honey, are you ok? Are you eating well? Did you find someone you like?" Mum started bombarding me with questions.

"Anne put it on the loudspeaker, I want to hear," Dad tells Mum in a whispered tone.

"Yes, Yes, Yes Mom" I smiled because everything is mostly true except the last question.

"You did! Who is she? Where is she from? and Where did you guys meet?" She excitedly asked more questions.

"Please Mum, one question at a time" I place my palm on my forehead feeling an incoming headache.

"Oh sorry I'm just excited" I could practically imagine her smiling widely.

"Her name is Nalia Chen the new CEO of ChenSheng and the adoption granddaughter of the former CEO Mrs. Chen. She's a feisty one, I will say very stubborn and adamant, she has this facade to make people see her as a bad person that doesn't have any respect or care for them. She's beautiful in and out, and she's very determined to stop my advances to make her accept me. I don't know what to do to make her realize that I have irrevocable feelings towards her" There was a long silence by the end of my little speech.

"Mary give me the phone, I need to take my medicine" Dad was trying to distract Mum.

"B-But I want to hear more" My Mum whines like a child.

"Make sure he sends a picture of our future daughter in law, I want to see the girl that has captured my baby boy's heart" She calls out with her voice fading from the call background.

A few seconds later my dad spoke out which meant my Mum left the room already.
"Son I think you just described your Mother younger self," Dad says while chuckling.

"Oh shut up, Emmanuel" I heard my mom shout from the background.

"You know what you should do Son, don't try to make her jealous by bringing another girl around, just ignore her for a few days and see how she reacts about your new attitude towards her," I thought about it for a sec and it sounded legit.

"Thank you Dad, you're the best," I told him with sincerity in my tone.

"No problem Son anything for you and send the picture or your Mother will have my arse" I laughed at his words.

I cut the call, thinking of how I should carry out the plan to make my sweet girl give in to me.

David Oyelowo As Emmanuel Newton

Shar Jackson as Mary Newton

Please Vote and Comment
Until Next Time...