Chapter 6

Elijah's POVAfter walking around the 56th floor to find the CEO's office because the inappropriate secretary couldn't stop flirting with me

Elijah's POV
After walking around the 56th floor to find the CEO's office because the inappropriate secretary couldn't stop flirting with me.

I waved her off and she dared to insult me like she wasn't just thirsting for me seconds ago.

So after looking around I finally came across a double door with 'CEO' written in Gold and Black.

I knocked twice and heard a soft voice telling me to come in.

I opened the door and looked around the office to see a older petite woman sitting behind her desk smiling warmly at me I could help but smile back at her.

She stood up introducing herself and when I tried to do the same she cut me off saying I didn't need to.

"Welcome to ChenSheng Mr. Newton, I'm Michelle Chen you didn't face any trouble right? Because the receptionist downstairs called me 10  minutes ago about your arrival" She looks at me in confusion.

"Yes, I actually arrived here but decided to find your office myself" I said with a nervous smile.

"I apologize for the problem" Mrs.Chen send me an apologetic smile.

Then she looks around the office like she was looking for something.

I think she finally found what she was searching for because she rolled her eyes in annoyance mumbling some words to herself, while walking to the lounge area of the office.

"Ahh, Granny! You scared me" That voice it sounds a little familiar.

"Get up child, I have someone to introduce to you, and he's a very handsome young man" Mrs. Chen whispers the last part making me chuckle.

The person finally got up from their laying form on the couch and it was Nalia.

I was in shock that what is she's doing here and so was my angel because she stayed unmoving from her position.

Mrs. Chen looks between the two of us "Do you guys know each other?" She asks in a suspecting tone.

"Yes we met briefly in the elevator," I told her.

"Child, why didn't you bring him with you after the elevator ride" Mrs. Chen hits Lia's arm.

"Ouch Granny, how was I supposed to know he had a meeting with you?" She has a point there.

"Sorry, I didn't think about that" Mrs. Chen kisses a pouting Lia's forehead and squeezes her cheeks.

Which caused her to break a smile 'it the most beautiful smile I've ever seen' I couldn't help but smile at their interaction and her contagious laughter

Lia looks at me and she immediately stopped smiling.

'Why'd she do that?' I asked myself.

"This is my daughter Nalia and the Heir Of ChenSheng" Mrs. Chen says proudly.

Daughter?But they look nothing alike and the last names are different.

I was cut out of the small conversation in my head "She's my adopted daughter since her family failed to properly care for her" Mrs. Chen says with slight anger in her voice.

I nodded my head in understanding
"I will be stepping down from my role as CEO and Nalia will be taking over after her graduation next week" She turned to face.

"Child, this is Elijah Newton from Newton enterprises in the UK" Mrs. Chen signals to me.

"And you two will be partnering to work on the new project" Lia turns her head to look at me.

"Nice to meet you Mr. Newton and it will be an honor working with you" She walks up to me shaking my hand.

Mrs. Chen claps her hands together and broke us out of the mini trance we had going on.

"Now, that it's settled Mr. Newton how would you like Nalia to give you a tour of the company?" Lia looks at Mrs. Chen in mock anger.

'Doesn't she want to be alone with me? Ok, that sounded creepy'.

"It's fine Mrs. Chen, we could do it another time" I said and gazed down at Lia who held an appreciative look in her eyes before turning away back to the lounge area.

Mrs. Chen's face falls a little and smiled again.

She opened a drawer from her desk and handed me an envelope with a sticky note on top of the envelope

'That's a bit odd' I furrowed my brows in confusion.

"I'll should get going my driver is waiting to take me to my penthouse see you soon" Mrs. Chen stood up and surprised me by hugging me and walking off to God knows where.

Once I left the office, I took the envelope out of my suit jacket and began reading the sticky note.

'Nalia's graduation is next week Monday and I hope you come and see her, I didn't say anything in front of her because she will have my head for doing this.
Mrs.Chen'

I simply smiled as I entered the elevator, inside the envelope it's was a ticket/invitation to her University graduation or like Americans would say College.

It made me even happier to know that we are the same age.

For the rest of the day, Nalia has been on my mind and I have no idea how to ask her out on her date because she seems very adamant and stubborn.

The only thing, I can do for now is just take it slow and easy with her.

Please Vote and Comment.
Until Next Time...