8 - Opinion

I storm out of the building, ignoring the weird looks I get from all the people. Once I'm out, I take a deep breath and try to calm down a bit. Then I make my way downtown. I want to search Dan and talk to him.

I feel like he understands me. Yeah, I've only talked to him twice, but he seems very mature for his age and he doesn't try to interrupt me all the time. Of course, I normally like to talk to Ben and Wayne too, but sometimes they don't seem to understand me or my intentions.

After about ten minutes I arrive at the point where I first met Dan, but he isn't there. I sigh. I really don't know where to go, I have to be lucky to meet him. Even though chances are low, I just continue walking and after another two minutes, I reach the bridge where I talked to him last time.

I stop. The view isn't as amazing as it was last time, but it still catches my attention. I've never really been into sightseeing or looking at stuff for a longer period of time, but here it's different.

A chill breeze causes me to come back to reality. It's time to go home! What made me think that I could just run into a city like this and just randomly meet a guy, who I hardly know anything about?

Suddenly, I can feel my phone vibrate in my back pocket. I take it out and read the message coming from Ben:

Hey. We're sorry. Hope we can sort it out, call us or come back to the campus, please.

I'm about to write a reply as someone says: "Are you alright?"

I turn off my phone and turn to Dan. "Okay, this is really weird. I'm not sure if you're not stalking me, to be honest."

He lets out a short laugh. "No, I'm really not stalking you and I didn't wait for you or whatsoever either. I just like being here. Seems like you enjoy being here too!"

I smirk. "Yeah, this place has something to it."

"Anyways, are you okay? You seem pretty upset..."

"Yeah, no. I don't know."

He places himself next to me, our shoulders touching each other as we both look down the river. After a few seconds of silence, Dan clears his throat and says: "You can talk to me if you want to. You hardly know me, but I've got an open ear if you need one!"

He pauses and smirks. "I mean, since I'm not in contact with your friends or family, I couldn't tell anyone. Your secrets as save with me!"

Now I smile too. "Yeah, it's just that I'm kinda fighting with Ben and Wayne and that sucks because they are my friends and I hate fighting so yeah."

"You're not fighting over some girl, are you? Because then, I wouldn't be able to help you for sure!"

"Haha, no. We have a different opinion concerning our band and I kinda freaked out and said that I'm going to leave it if we don't do it my way."

Dan looks at me with wide eyes and a confused look. "Okay wow. Do you mind telling me what's up? I don't want to offend you or something, but if you want my opinion," he shrugs: "You know, maybe I can help. I don't need details or anything, I just..."

"Okay okay," I interrupt him and laugh. "You don't need to be nervous, you're not offending me, don't worry."

"Sorry, I sometimes talk too much because I don't know if I'm intrusive or something."

"It's okay. Do you want to walk a bit? It's getting cold..."

He shrugs: "I don't mind."

"Okay, so, our singer left the band and I've found someone with a great voice who would fit perfectly in our band. The thing is, we hardly know him and now Ben and Wayne don't want him to be in our band because they're not sure if he really is the person he seems to be. They don't really trust people very fast as you can see. The thing is that we need a singer, the longer we wait the harder it gets to find one and that's why I really want to give him a chance because I really think it's our best chance, but they just refuse to try it and that's why I kinda freaked out. I don't want to leave the band, I just want them to...do something I guess."