17 - Night

This chapter might get a bit spooky. I'm trying something out, so if you don't like reading spooky stuff, cut everything below the three dots. You'll see when you're there

...........................................

"I really don't want to be intrusive!" Dan tries to convince my mom, but she doesn't look like she is even listening. He sends me a pleading look and I just smirk.

"You're not intrusive. I want you to stay here, so you're going to stay here. Period!" She sighs. "I just don't want you to spend Christmas all alone."

"I already told you that it's fine, I'm used to it. I don't want to ruin your Christmas because you feel like you have to help me. Really, I can tell how important it is to you, so I'm fine if you let me go again."

"Because it is so important to us, you have to stay because otherwise, it wouldn't be as great. I don't care what you have to say now. You are staying. I hope you're happy with the mattress on the floor. Our friends' house isn't all too big. Good night boys. See you tomorrow."

With that she walks off, closing the door behind her.

Dan turns around and looks at me again. "Is she always like that?"

"Only if you don't do what she wants," I smirk. Then I point at the place next to me, on my bed. Dan sits down and curiously looks at me.

"I'm want to talk to you. You know, ever since we've met, I feel a connection between the both of us. From the very first moment, I had a feeling that we belong together. And I don't see you as my friend anymore. I see you as my brother. I know that you've said, I could talk to you whenever I need to, but I want you to know that it's the same the other way round. And I think it would be really great if you stay over tonight. You're not a burden to us! We all just really enjoy your company and like my mom said: No one should be alone at Christmas!"

"C-can I give you a hug?" Instead of giving an answer, I just lean over and hug him first. After a few moments, he hugs back and we just stay like that for some time. It feels good to tell him how I feel about him because I had the feeling that he really needed it.

Slowly, Dan scoots away again, he doesn't look at me as he says: "You know, I have a hard time trusting people. I've got hurt by so many already, I know it sounds cheesy, but it's true. And when I met you, I had the same feeling. You know, that I could trust you and I haven't had that in a long time. So thanks for everything! Really."

I give him a soft side hug. "And now, I guess we should go to bed. It's late," just as I finish the sentence, I have to stifle a yawn and make Dan laugh because of that.

"So, are you okay with laying down there at the mattress? Or do you want to lay in the bed?"

He shrugs his shoulders: "I'm totally fine with the mattress thanks."

"Okay. Good night."

"Good night."

He crawls out of my bed and onto his mattress. I turn the lights of and just think about what happened today. Today was a good day. Hopefully, it will remain a good one.

...

I am still in the bedroom. It's still dark. I'm wearing the same pajamas. But Dan is gone. The mattress isn't here either. I can hear a thunderstorm outside the window and a strange repeating noise coming from the corner of my room. I look there and nearly jump of fear.

At first, it looks like a big, black man standing in the corner. A man completely made of black smoke. He is facing the wall, hitting his head against it over and over and over again. Suddenly he turns around and faces me.

Instead of a face he just has black smoke. The only face-similar thing is a mouth, which he opens, but no sound comes out. It looks like he is screaming, but instead of a sound, there is only more smoke coming out.

He gets closer, not walking, but hovering. Really slowly. The smoke gets more and more. It guides his way, slowly the smoke is creeping up my bed. I try to scoot away, but I am unable to move. My muscles just don't do what my brain tells them to do.

By now, the man is just a few feet away. I try to scream, but no sound comes out of my mouth. Instead, the smoke is getting in. It's getting harder to breathe. I feel like I'm underwater. my throat is getting filled with the smoke. Slowly, my vision turns black...

..............................

Soo, what did you think of that? I've never written anything like that before. Do you like it? Is it spooky in any kind of way?

Sorry for not updating yesterday, hope you forgive me.