10 -Night Out

It's been a week since the talk between Ben, Wayne, Dan and me and I'm still not really over it. I was so sure that I've found the right person, the perfect singer for our band and then that... Neither have I seen nor talked to Dan since that day, I don't try to hide from him or something, but with Christmas coming closer, everything is kinda stressful now.

We practice every day for the concert because we're afraid that we're going to embarrass ourselves if we don't do so. We also have lots of exams coming our way in the next two weeks and if I fail, I can't go home for Christmas.

Ben, Wayne and I are all in the same situation and I would say we're all studying our asses of right now. It's taking up so much time, we don't even search for a singer for our band anymore because we're so stressed.

I sigh and lean back, rubbing my eyes. As I take a look at the clock, I can't believe what I'm seeing. "Guys, it's 10 pm!" I inform my roommates.

I hear a yawn coming from Bens side of the room followed by: "That's probably why I'm so tired right now!"

"Have we really been studying the past five hours?" Wayne asks.

"Yeah, and if we go on like that, I'm gonna die! I need to get out of this room. I need a break. We could go downtown. It's nice walking there," I suggest and face the others.

Wayne scratches his head. "I don't know, it's pretty late and it's cold..."

"I'm not quite sure too, to be honest," Ben agrees.

"Oh come one guys. We need to get some air and I could show you a really cool spot!"

Wayne sighs. "Okay, but not for too long, I really want to get some sleep!"

"Fine, let's go!"

...

Just 45 minutes later, the three of us stare at the water. I wanted to show them the view from the bridge for quite some time now.

"Okay, you're right. That does look amazing!" Wayne mumbles more to himself than to us. I smile.

"Well, it's okay. I mean, it's water and a few lights, not bad, I guess," Ben says and sounds bored. My smile fades away again and I shake my head.

"You don't know what real beauty is, Ben!" I tease him. He playfully hits me in the arm and we start laughing.

"Anyways, let's go home again. It's getting cold out here!" Wayne interrupts our "fight".

We start walking and after about five minutes Ben states: "Let's take that way, it's a shortcut," and points to a small, black street.

I look at Wayne. "That's the way a movie starts..."

He laughs and follows Ben, who already walks down the street, twenty meters ahead of us.

"What? Are you scared Platzman?" He tries to provoke me.

I breathe out. "Nope, just saying," I murmur to myself. But for some reason, I do have a bad feeling.

After one or two minutes of silent walking, we still didn't get to the end of the street and I have doubts if we are still in the right way. Nevertheless, I don't say a word and just follow the others. A few meters ahead of us, I can see lanterns. I guess that means that we are finally at the end of the street.

Just as we're about to step into the light again, a man moves out of the shadow and places himself in front of us. We stop and look at him. Suddenly, I hear a noise coming from behind, I turn around just to see that there is another person blocking our way.

The bad feeling in my guts gets worse and I exchange nervous looks with Wayne. Ben whereas, doesn't look afraid at all.

"Could you please step out of our way and let us go again?" He asks bravely.

"I'm afraid, I can't do that," the guy answers with a wicked grin.

"And why is that so?" Ben asks, still without showing any signs of fear.

"Because you have something that we need!"

Ben sighs slightly annoyed. "And what would that be?"

"Money!"

I gulp. This situation doesn't look good at all! OUt of the corner of my eyes, I see that the guy behind us steps a bit closer. I try to concentrate on what's going on in front of me, without letting him out of my sight.

"Why should we give it to you?" Ben asks. I really don't know how he stays that calm in this situation.

"Because otherwise, you'll be in a lot of pain in just a few seconds!" His voice sends shivers down my spine and my fear gets worse with every second we stand here.

"Oh, yeah? I wanna see that! It's three against two. How do you want to beat us?" Ben says and crosses his arms. I bite my lip, I don't think that his statement was a good one. Not in our position.

"I'll show you!" The guy replies. Suddenly, he whips out a knife from his back pocket. He doesn't even hesitate a second as he takes a step towards Ben, who is caught off guard. A second later, the guy steps Ben into the stomach and rips his knife out again. I look back, expecting the other one to do the same, but he just stands there and waits.

While Ben falls on his knees, the guy calmly orders: "Now give me your money or you will end up the same way!"

Still dumbfounded, Wayne and I do as he tells us. He takes our money and runs away. I look at them, unable to move until they run around a corner.

In the meantime, Wayne crouched down in front of Ben. Both of them are trying to stop the bleeding coming from his stomach.

He looks at me and shouts: "Call an ambulance! NOW!"

........................................

I love Imagine Dragons!