19 - Friends help

After a few moments, Dan's breathing slows down again and eventually, he falls asleep on my shoulder. I try to cover him with my blanket by only using my right hand since I don't want to wake him up again. I silently watch him for a couple of minutes and then rethink everything that just happened.

Maybe someday I will really tell him about that damn nightmare. After talking to him, I kinda felt better. It was a relief even though I didn't really tell him anything. It just comforts me knowing that he doesn't judge me because of it and I guess that's all I needed.

Whereas Dan is still a mystery. Something happened to him for sure! The way he panicked, feeling my head on his chest. I sigh and take a glance at him. He has been through quite some stuff and I really want to help him, but I can't get off the feeling that he doesn't even trust me.

Before my thoughts take over, I take my phone out and try to look if one of the guys is still up. I just write a simple "Hey, someone up?" in our group chat.

Just a few seconds later, I receive a reply from Wayne: "You know that it's two in the morning right?"

Another few seconds later, Ben writes: "Yeah, Sermon's right. Who would be up at that time?"

I smile. Sometimes, I guess, I really hit the jackpot. I mean, how often are your friends awake at two in the morning when you need them? Just a few seconds my phone snaps me out of my thoughts again.

WS: "So? What's up?"

DP: "I've been thinking."

BM: "Congratulations! After eighteen years of being alive, you finally started thinking. How do you feel now?"

I snort at Ben's message and decide to just ignore it.

DP: "Dan is staying at my house and I kinda need some advice."

BM: "You're not gay right? I mean, you don't want to ask him out, do you?"

WS: "Ben, shut up! Platz, explain!"

DP: "I don't really know where to start tbh."

BM: "How about the beginning? Why is he even at your house?"

DP: "My parents and I have been walking around the city and it's gotten pretty late and then we met Dan and he told us that his parents aren't in town and my mom decided that he comes with us because she says that no one should be alone at Christmas."

WS: "Okay, makes sense so far."

DP: "And then we were sitting in my room, talking, my parents already sleeping and then uhm..."

BM: "For god's sake, Platz! You're worrying that we're going to judge you. How often do we have to tell you that we're friends and nothing is going to change that and now start saying what's wrong!"

I smirk. Ben's way of telling you that he loves you, may sound aggressive, but he doesn't mean it that way. He just isn't the type that hugs you and says I love you.

WS: "Ben is right! Don't worry!"

DP: "I know, sorry. So, we went to bed and I had a nightmare and then Dan woke me up and he had to calm me down because that dream was freaking intense. Anyways, he gave me a side hug and somehow my head ended up on his chest and he pretty much freaked out."

WS: "What do you mean by he freaked out? Did he hit you or what?"

DP: "No, he had a panic attack! He had trouble breathing and it really shocked me because it happened so fast and ever since then I've been wondering what that was all about."

BM: "Uhm, what is he doing now?"

DP: "He is sleeping, he cuddled up next to me right after that."

WS: "Maybe he just doesn't like being touched."

DP: "But he was the one who gave me the hug in the first place."

WS: "Mhm."

BM: "Maybe he just doesn't like being touched in certain places."

DP: "But why the chest?"

BM: "Okay, listen to me, I have to tell you a story!"

WS: "Uhm, okay."

BM: " I've never told anyone this, my parents are the only ones that know that. But when I was little, my uncle used to babysit me from time to time. What no one knew was that was a pedophile. I didn't understand it at first either. So I asked my parents why he likes to touch me everywhere, they were completely shocked and cut off all communication to my uncle, they also explained that he was sexually abusing me. Ever since then, I have no clue why I hate it when someone touches me under my armpits. He used to do that very often and I guess I just have to think about it when something like that happens. Maybe it's the same with Dan, maybe he was abused too. Or even worse, maybe he still is... "

DP: "OMG, Ben, that's horrible, I'm so sorry to hear that! "

WS: "I'm really sorry to hear that, you didn't have to tell us!"

BM: "It's fine, don't worry, it's been a long time ago. We have to worry about Dan and not me atm! "

WS: "Yeah, you're right. Platz, maybe you talk to him and try to find it out. "

DP: "I really don't know how to talk about stuff like that. Can't Ben do it? "

BM: "And how do you want to explain that I know what happened? Do you want to admit that we've been talking about him behind his back?"

WS: "Ben is right! And he doesn't trust us as much as he trusts you!"

DP: "But I don't know how I should do it..."

BM: "You can tell him what happened to me. Tell him that you're worried and that you only want to help him!"

WS: "You'll find the words when you need them!"

DP: "Okay, thanks, guys. I'll try my best."

WS: "You're welcome!"

BM: "And now go the f*ck to sleep."

DP: "Yeah, I love you too. Good night."

WS: "Good night!"

BM: "Good night guys."

..........................................................

I'll be honest with you, I'm not sure if I'll continue writing after I finished this story. Sure, it's fun, but I really don't know if I'll continue to do so, maybe I will write normal stories (no fanfics), maybe I'll just take a break, maybe I will stop.