9 -Decision

Dan scratches his head for a second. "And what if you just sit down with the guy and talk or do something with him to get to know him?"

"Uhm, well...we don't know if he even wants to be in a band with us."

"Wow. That's your excuse? Simply ask him? What could he do?"

"It's complicated!"

"Is it? Or are you just making it complicated?"

I sigh. "You're pretty wise for your age, which, now that I'm thinking of it, I still don't know."

He laughs: "I'm fourteen."

"You look like fifteen, but you give good advice...I guess."

"First off, fourteen or fifteen doesn't make such a big difference, Secondly, you have to try them out before you can be sure about that!" Dan replies with a grin.

I leave his answer like this for a second and take out my phone. After a few seconds of typing, I send a message, not shortly after, I receive the answer.

I face Dan again. "Do you want to see if your suggestion will be accepted?"

"You mean right now?"

"Yup. I just texted Ben. They're still at Taco Bell. I have to give it a try anyway, so why don't you come with me? In the end, it's your idea."

He looks unsure for a moment, but then he agrees and we change our direction to meet Ben and Wayne.

...

"Hey, guys!"

"Hey, Platz...and Dan?! I didn't expect you to be here," Ben replies and shoots me confused looks.

"Is it okay for you if he is here?  I've asked him for advice, soo..."

Ben and Wayne exchange confused looks for a second, then Wayne says: "No, no problem. Uhm, soo...What's your solution?"

"Give it a try. Spend time with the person, talk to him. You know, just get to know him."

Wayne shoots Ben an annoyed look, to which Ben simply replies with a: "What? Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Have we really been fighting and trying to do it our way that we didn't even consider that? I mean it's just too obvious! Thanks, Dan."

I smile a bit. That just goes as planned. "Yeah, hard to believe that a fourteen-year-old, we hardly know, has to solve our problems."

"Heyyy, don't act like I'm Jesus or something. I wasn't affected, it's easier for me to find a solution because I don't have my own opinion on everything!"

The four of us just sit here four a few minutes, talking about Music and College. Ben tells Dan the story of how he got into a fight with a kid and as apology had to play in his band with him which eventually got him into playing music.

It's a relaxing atmosphere and I can tell that Dan loves music as much as we do. With every word he says, I want him to be our singer even more. I've never been so sure about something, but he just fits perfectly into our group.

Just by looking at the others, I can tell that they enjoy talking to each other and I can't stop myself from asking Dan: "Do you want to be our singer?"

Within a second, the relaxed chatting chances into silence. Dan just looks at me with a straight face and goes: "What?"

"That's what my question was about. And the fight between Ben, Wayne and me. If you could be the singer of our band," I try to explain everything.

But instead of Dan, it's Ben who says: "Well, we planned on deciding that as a group, didn't we? I'm not saying that I don't want you in our band, really! I just thought that the four of us should talk before we ask someone!"

Wayne adds: "He is right, Platz! I'd love having you in our band Dan, but that's a group decision after all."

I'm just about to reply to them as Dan says: "Uhm, you don't have to worry about that whole decision thing because I have to turn it down, sorry Platz."

I look at him, that's something I definitely didn't plan for. Luckily, Wayne replies instead of me: "Oh and why not? If it's because of the whole group fight thing..."

Dan interrupts him: "No, it's not!"

He leans back and runs his fingers through his hair. Then he sighs and continues: "I'm really grateful for the offer, I mean, you're going to College and still take me as your singer, but I can't. I've been making music for the money, you know, to get through the day. Buy food and stuff. I'm on the street making music at least five hours every day. I need that much time to get enough together. As much as I would enjoy it, I don't have time for a band. The band practice and learning songs and all of that...It just...wouldn't work out."

That leaves us speechless. Dan stands up and says: "Thanks for the offer, I appreciate it, but you will find someone better for sure! It was nice chatting with you. Maybe we'll see each other again. But now, I have to go. Bye."

He turns around and walks away. "Bye," is the only thing I say before he walks out of the building.

.........................................

I wanted to read some ID fanfics, but I've kinda memorized every one and now I'm sad and decided to write more because we don't have fanfics...