03 | We & Duets

"Have you ever had soju?" Kuya Jin questions curiously as he equally distributes a bottle of soju into different cups

I shake my head in response. "Never. Is it as good as everyone claims it to be?"

"Only the fruity ones," Taehyung replies, pouring his own bottle of the fruit-flavoured soju into his cup and visibly wincing at the thought of the original flavour hitting his tastebuds instead.

"Jin-hyung, she's not having any alcohol," Kuya Joon intervenes, throwing a look towards him.

"And why is that? She's legally allowed to have alcohol, if she so wants to give it a try. What's stopping her?" Kuya Jin argues, quirking an eyebrow.

"Me," Kuya Joon bluntly replies.

After their rehearsal, Kuya Joon realized that it was too late at night for us siblings to get together for supper. Therefore, he texted Ate Min promising how we could go out tomorrow instead, since Kuya Joon had the day off. He also promised her that I would get to my hotel safely and that she should stop worrying about me being under his care.

The two of us were waiting for a taxicab to safely take me to my hotel when Kuya Jin proposed we, as in the seven members and I, all go out together and 'celebrate my arrival'. Kuya Joon immediately refused, claiming it was already too late at night for anyone to be celebrating anything.

Kuya Jin, who didn't seem to care nor listen, then grabbed my wrist and tugged me towards the vehicle he was assigned in. Before Kuya Joon could have the chance to pull me back, Kuya Jin had already closed, and successfully locked, the car door on him. Taehyung, who was Kuya Jin's car buddy, threw confused glances between Kuya Jin and I and at Kuya Joon who was repeatedly banging on the heavily-tinted window to let me out. Kuya Jin proceeded to explain to Tae about the group going out to eat together. Taehyung happily complied and helped me settle in my seat, clicking my seatbelt into place to ensure I wouldn't be making any move to leave the vehicle.

In the end, Kuya Joon had no choice but to enter in his own designated car and follow our vehicle to Kuya Jin's chosen restaurant.

Smiling at the earlier events, I suddenly feel my phone vibrate from my pocket to alert me of a notification.

Justin 😛

Justin:
hey
what are you up to rn?

You:
out with friends
you?

Justin:
same

You:
fun
don't you just love social interaction?

Justin:
definitely 🙃
Read 11:17 PM

"So, Maemae, how long are you staying in Seoul?" Taehyung asks, reaching over the table to place a strip of freshly-cooked meat from the grill onto my plate.