10 | We & Questions

An entire week has passed since I've landed back in Seoul, much too quickly for my liking if I'm being honest

I haven't seen or heard from the boys from either group since the weekend. They've both been busy with their packed schedules and I'm not one to interfere. BTS are busy preparing for their Muster next month and for the upcoming Festa activities, as well. Last I heard from the TXT boys, they are filming a music video this week. They had also told me they are already working on another EP that is going to be released later this year.

I would occasionally receive a 'good morning' or a 'hi' here and there from them, but our conversations never lasts long. Same goes for Justin, who I haven't heard from since Sunday.

I've been busy exploring Seoul by myself, since the people around me were too preoccupied with their own hectic lives. The car I had rented on my first day here is what helps me get around the city on my own. I have splurged on cosmetics at Myeongdong, then took a little walk to get to Namdaemun Market, where I shamelessly splurged some more. I went to different cafes and restaurants, though none of them could compare to Mama's cooking, and even tried street foods I haven't eaten since I was still living here years ago. I also went on the Seoul City Tour Bus one day for fun, just to tour around the city's top sightseeing destinations as if I was a first-time visitor.

The fact that I'll be leaving in four days brings a saddened pang to my chest, especially since one of the key reasons I decided to visit Korea first, and for a longer time than the rest of my upcoming trips, has not been fulfilled.

Every time I come close to achieving it, I immediately cower and leave, pushing it to the next day and pretending that the place doesn't exist for the rest of the day. It's cowardly, I know, but I'm scared of what will face me when that time finally happens.

A notification chimes from my phone, snapping me out of my thoughts.

Hyunie 🌟

Hyunie:
hi Mae
doing anything today?

You:
hey Hyunie
and nope I'm free today

Hyunie:
great!
you wanna meet with Beomgyu-hyung, Ningning and I after our school?

You:
to do what?

Hyunie:
to eat
we'll be starving by then
just meet us at this restaurant at 4
I'll send you the address

You:
sounds good
see you three later

Hyunie:
bye Noona!

You:
why can't we ever have a normal conversation where you don't call me Noona at least once