14 | We & Stars

"Just look around here," I suggest to Jungkook, glancing around the store

"Just look around here," I suggest to Jungkook, glancing around the store. "You'll probably find something here to give to the other guys."

Earlier, Jungkook had asked about a gift shop in the area, saying something about wanting to buy souvenirs for both him and the rest of his bandmates. After turning in the quadracycle when our hour was up, I had led him to the nearest place I know that sold little trinkets and whatnots that were perfect as keepsakes.

We go our own separate ways, as Jungkook delves deeper into the surprisingly large store. I'm not planning on buying anything myself, so I simply settle with aimlessly wandering around the store. After several minutes of roaming about, I find myself in the jewelry section of the shop. One particular bracelet captures my attention: it's gold and has a rose intertwined with the shape of a treble clef as its dominant charm. As I carefully pick up the bracelet from its box to examine it, my heart starts to beat wildly inside my chest from the familiarity of the pendant.

"Hi, miss!" A voice greets enthusiastically, causing me to slightly jump in surprise. I turn my head at the source of the voice to find a young lady wearing a uniform with the store's logo on the chest.

I smile in response. "Hello, there."

She nudges her head to the accessory in my hands. "It's beautiful, isn't it?"

I twist my attention back to the bracelet and softly whisper. "It is."

"We had ordered that bracelet almost a year ago, but no one has ever showed any interest in it. That is, until you showed up," she explains, with a knowing smile on her face.

"A year ago?"

She hums thoughtfully. "I thought it was beautiful myself, but I just knew that it wasn't for me. I was hoping others would see its value and charm as well, but not one even spared a glance in its direction."

"Can—"

"There you are!" A familiar voice interrupts from behind us. When he sees the employee standing beside me, he shyly greets her in English.

I carefully place the bracelet back in its box and turn towards Jungkook. "Are you finished with your shopping? Did you find what you were looking for?"

He nods excitedly, lifting up his shopping bag to show it off, before a proud grin blossoms on his face. "All done. And I already paid, too."

I meekly nod. "That's great. Let's go?"

"Did you find anything that caught your attention?" he curiously questions, his head tilting to the side as he awaits my response.

I shake my head. "Not really." I start to walk to the doors of the store, but Jungkook stays rooted in his position.

He glances between the smiling employee, the bracelet on the counter, and at me. "Are you. . . Okay, let's go." He stops himself from questioning any further as he follows me out of the shop.