45 | We & Arguments

"Are you sure we can eat in here?" I ask, worry painted over my face as I glance around the empty and eerily quiet rehearsal studio, then back at Taehyung who's hungrily eyeing the box of pizza laid open in front of him on the ground

"Are you sure we can eat in here?" I ask, worry painted over my face as I glance around the empty and eerily quiet rehearsal studio, then back at Taehyung who's hungrily eyeing the box of pizza laid open in front of him on the ground. "Never mind, you're not even listening."

Taehyung glances up from his seated position on the floor. "It's fine, Maemae, the members and I do it all the time whenever the studio's empty. We just have to make sure we clean up our mess so we don't get in trouble."

"That's why they have tables and chairs set up outside and in the Artist's Lounge," I counter, furrowing my brows down at him. "For setting your food on the table and eating comfortably."

"Now, where's the fun in that?" he huffs, while extending an arm out to take ahold of my wrist, pulling me down to sit across from him. He reaches into the box to grab a slice of pizza, before offering it for me take.

"You're crazy," I mutter while taking the slice from his hand, as he starts to devour his own pizza slice.

He grins at my remark, as if it was a compliment. I roll my eyes, but nonetheless smile as I watch him take on another slice in less than a minute.

"Taetae, slow down or you're going to get a heart burn," I remind him, but he only foolishly shakes his head at me.

"My heart's already burning," he mumbles through a mouthful of food and I'm left staring at him in both disgust and disbelief.

"I don't know if I've ever told you this," I say, turning my head to look at him through the mirrored wall, "but your nickname 'Tae' means poop in Tagalog but with a different pronunciation."

This random fact causes him to choke on his pizza, leaving his face a bright red as he desperately reaches for the water bottle a few feet away from him. He twists the cap open and hurriedly tosses it to the side, before turning the bottle upside-down over his mouth and gulping down its contents.

"Oh my god!" I stifle a laugh, but I end up bursting out into a hysterical fit. "You almost died."

"Gee, thanks," he replies sarcastically as he wipes off the water that overflowed down the corners of his mouth with the back of his hand. "Glad to know your very touching reaction to if I had actually died. What if I had died, huh?"

"Ah, but you didn't," I retort, taking deep breaths to regain my composure.

"Yes, but I could've!" he exclaims, while pointing his finger accusingly at me. "And it would've been all your fault."

I raise my eyebrow at his accusation. "I'm not the one who kept shoving pizza slices down your throat."

"Yeah, but who talks about one's bathroom adventures while eating?" he defends, his bottom lips protruding out into an adorable pout. "Especially pointing out how my nickname means that word in another language. Now that's all I'll ever think about when someone calls me that."