26 | We & Truths

《 JJK 》

《 JJK 》

Rose 🌹

You:
good morning rosie \(^_^)/
Sent 06:13 AM

awake yet?
i'm bored
i wanna talk to u
Sent 08:24 AM

u know that oversleeping can be bad for u right?
i mean i know we stayed up late texting last night
wakey wakey baby rosie
Sent 10:08 AM

u okay?
i thought i did a pretty good job of cheering u up last night
did i not?
:(
i'm sorry, i should've done better
i'll talk to my hyung to learn about things i can say to make people feel better
i'll get better, i swear
Sent 10:49 AM

just please text me something
anything
even a quick "."
just so I'm sure you're still there
Sent 11:37 AM

●・○・●・○・●・○・●

Teacher Sungdeuk continues to monitor our choreography but from the corner of my eyes, I see Manager Sejin get up from his seat to walk over to him. Teacher-nim gestures for the song to be stopped and for us to take a quick break.

I walk over to the side of the practice studio and drop to the ground in exhaustion. I lazily grab my water bottle from my bag, gulping down its contents.

I raise my head to see Teacher-nim and Manager-nim engaged in a serious conversation, with Manager Sejin holding his phone out for Teacher Sungdeuk to see. I grab my own phone from my bag and notice that Rose still hasn't responded back from my last text two hours ago, which is weird considering she always replies back with a 'goodmorning', no matter how late she would wake up.

Manager Sejin, together with Teacher Sungdeuk, make their way to Namjoon-hyung. "Namjoon-ah, you should give your parents a call right now," Manager-nim tells him. The grave tone of his voice worries me, along with the rest of my band members.

Namjoon-hyung glances at them with confusion, but nonetheless, grabs his phone from his bag. I look around and notice all five members are closely watching him with concerned expressions.

He releases a breath as he begins to talk to the person on the phone. "Mom, what do you mean? What? Slow down, please. I can't understand you. Why are you crying? Take a deep breath." He throws a quick glance at us when he's met with silence at the other end of the call. "Dad? Yes, I'm at the company. Hospital? Now? Rose and Minie? They what?!"

My ears perk up from hearing a name so familiar come out of his mouth.

Rose?

Namjoon-hyung hurriedly puts on his jacket and is about to run out of the door when Jin-hyung grabs his forearm and stops him. "Namjoon-ah, slow down. Tell us what's going on."