40 | We & Galaxies

Ate Min places a small bowl of rice in front of me, as she settles herself onto a chair beside mine

Ate Min places a small bowl of rice in front of me, as she settles herself onto a chair beside mine. Laying in front of us on the table, are plates of side dishes we both took part in preparing for our breakfast this morning.

"So," she drawls, picking up her chopsticks off the table and reaching over for a fried egg. "You've done things a couple would normally do, like you've confessed to each other and have gone on dates and be all affectionate and lovey-dovey and touchy-feely and—"

I cut off her rambling. "And your point, my dear sister?"

She laughs as she glances at my flushed cheeks. "But, you're not a couple?"

"We are," I lamely defend. "Just without a label. Do we have to be labelled as boyfriend and girlfriend to do all those things?"

She shrugs. "I guess not. It's just for me, titles bring responsibility and commitment in a relationship. While getting the girlfriend title doesn't guarantee a happy ending, not getting a title may seem like you're going down the road to nowhere."

Her words start to reverberate inside my head, my mind becoming confused with the contentment I thought I felt with Jungkook and I's current situation.

"Does a title ensure a happy and monogamous relationship?" she continues. "Of course not. But you have better chances of that if you're both proud to announce you're in a relationship with each other to those around you. It means you're a team, you're sure of something. But if you're both comfortable without a title and you're both truly happy just enjoying the relationship as it is, then who am I to get in between of that?"

The more I think about it, things between us have been pretty serious that I can't play it off as us 'flirting' with each other. It's definitely way past that.

Are we moving too fast? Should I be worried that he hasn't officially asked me to be his girlfriend? Am I overthinking things again?

"I'm sorry," she says, pulling me out of my thoughts. "I shouldn't have said anything or be meddling in your business. Just forget about it and eat up, okay?"

But, I don't forget about the things she points out. In fact, it's all I can think about until Jungkook arrives and picks me up later that day for our date.

"Let's eat dinner, then we can go to where you've wanted to go to for a long time," he announces, driving out of the parking lot after ensuring our seatbelts were both clicked into place.

I turn my head to face him, curiosity etched on my face. "Which is?"

He briefly glances back at me, an excited smile dancing on his rosy lips. "An aquarium."

My eyes light up in excitement and he laughs at my reaction, before turning his attention back to the road ahead. "So adorable," he mutters under his breath with a small shake of his head.