07 | We & Victories

Grunting at how the sun filtering in through the slightly opened curtains caused me to wake up from my deep and peaceful slumber, I slowly sit up in bed and stretch my arms above my head

Grunting at how the sun filtering in through the slightly opened curtains caused me to wake up from my deep and peaceful slumber, I slowly sit up in bed and stretch my arms above my head. Out of habit, I reach over to grab my phone from the bedside table and notice a few messages from different people.

Momma ❤️

Momma:
Hello my baby! How are you? How's Korea treating you? Did you get to your hotel safely?
I spoke to your Papa and Mama and told them you were visiting there for two weeks. They said to tell you to visit them before you leave. You know how much they missed you after all these years.
I know you wanted to see your Kuya Joon so badly. How's he doing? Tell him he looks amazing on TV and that I'm proud of him.
I'm sorry I'm spamming you with messages. I just miss you and I'm worried about you. I love you, Mae 😘❤️
Sent 03:09 AM

The 'Papa' and 'Mama' she is referring to is Kuya Joon and Ate Min's parents. Seeing as how they treated me like I was one of their own children, I had grown accustomed to calling them my second family. Hence, they became my Mama and Papa growing up.

Based on the time the text was sent, it must have been noon back in Canada. Feeling guilty that I haven't been updating her on my trip, I begin to compose a message.

You:
Hey Mom!
Stop worrying, I'm doing just fine. I'm actually staying at Ate Min's apartment instead of the hotel.
And yes, I'll be visiting Papa and Mama soon. Kuya, Ate, and I were planning to go together to visit them. And Kuya Joon's doing great. He definitely grew since my head only reaches his chin.
I'm sorry I haven't been talking to you much, but I promise I'm ok. I hope you and Dad are doing well.
I love you too ❤️❤️
Sent 09:12 AM

Justin 😛

Justin:
good morning 🌹
Sent 07:46 AM

Smiling, I send a quick reply back to him. He never misses a day without sending a 'good morning' or a 'good night' to me.

You:
good morning to you too J
Sent 09:14 AM

The Handsome One 😎

The Handsome One:
hello stranger
guess who~
Sent 08:15 AM

Noticing a previous message sent to this person, I quickly realize who it is.

You:
seeing as Yeonjun was the only one who sent a message from my phone to his..
I'm gonna have to say Choi Yeonjun as my final answer
Sent 09:17 AM

Changed contact name to Yeonjunie 😈

Unknown