38 | We & Worries

A squeal as soon as I step out of the elevator makes me turn my head towards the source of the sound

A squeal as soon as I step out of the elevator makes me turn my head towards the source of the sound. But before I can get a good glance at the person, a body is flung towards me and I stagger back to maintain my balance.

"Maimai!"

I laugh as I realize who is enveloping me tightly in his hold, knowing only one person who calls me by that nickname. "Hello to you too, Kaikai."

I pat his back while returning the hug, before he pulls away and smiles excitedly at me. He reaches up to pinch both of my cheeks between his forefinger and thumb.

"What are you doing?" I laugh, slapping his hand away from my face.

"I just missed you, that's all," he responds, tucking his hands in the front pocket of his oversized, sky blue hoodie.

I playfully roll my eyes at his answer. "What are you talking about? You text me and send me pictures of you basically everyday that it's like you have a streak you don't want to break."

"Hmm, fair enough. Anyway, do you—" Kai is cut off by Yeonjun who saunters towards us.

"Ready to go— oh, Mae! How are you?" He reaches over to ruffle my hair, causing me to swat his hand away from me and my hair that took effort for it to actually look good today.

"Great, until—"

"I showed up," Yeonjun finishes my sentence with a teasing wink. "Don't think I don't know you well, Mae."

"Congratulations!" I exclaim with over-exaggerated enthusiasm. "Do you want an award for that? Maybe a medal?"

"How about treating me for food?" he suggests, shrugging his shoulders nonchalantly. "You still owe Soobin and I a date since you took the kids out on one."

Before I can tell Yeonjun off, Huening Kai butts in, "Hyung, don't speak nonsense. Anyway, we still need to go get snacks for the members. Do you want to come along, Maimai?"

I shake my head. "You two go ahead. I need to go talk to one of your hyungs."

They mutter something about playing a joke on their members by buying just mint-chocolate ice-cream for everyone, before heading off for the nearby store, leaving me to navigate myself around the company to find where I need to go. After being here for many times already, I feel that I have gained confidence in getting around by myself. Of course, the labels and arrows on the floor help me big time.

Once I find his studio, I lift my hand up to knock on his door. The door immediately opens to reveal him, who quickly pulls me into the room and closes the door behind me before wrapping his arms around my waist and bending down to tuck his chin on my shoulder.