06 | We & Imagines

After thankfully locating the practice room without stumbling upon any more embarrassing accidents, I realize that I had actually, in fact, followed Jungkook's path

After thankfully locating the practice room without stumbling upon any more embarrassing accidents, I realize that I had actually, in fact, followed Jungkook's path. Before I can knock on the door to announce my presence, I notice that the door is slightly ajar and that I make out their conversations from outside of the room.

"JK, your punishment was to buy us drinks. Not to bathe in them." A voice comments pointedly, presumably Kuya Jin. "Although, this punishment is way better."

His comical comment elicits a few, amused laughs from the other members.

"Hyung, it's not funny," Jungkook grumbles. Guilt courses through me as I sense the pure irritation in his tone and imagine the utter displeasure that blankets over the features of his face.

"But you sure do look funny."

Jungkook sarcastically laughs in return. "Ha ha ha. If it wasn't for—"

I take this golden opportunity to insert myself into their conversation. Pushing the open door wider while knocking at the same time causes all heads to turn towards the door at arrival of a new person.

Now, I'm able to see the happenings behind their playful chats that I've only been hearing. Everyone, specifically the six members of the band, is gathered around Jungkook. This time, he is angrily rubbing on his shirt with a soaked towel, hoping for the stain to come out. Unfortunately for him, it does nothing but to spread the stain even more everywhere.

An awkward smile appears on my face. "Hey, sorry to interrupt. I just came to talk to—"

I am the one who is interrupted when Tae and Jimin sprint towards me and argue on who gets to hug me first. Kuya Jin easily pushes the bickering duo aside and envelops me in his arms first. "Seeing as I'm the only ten here, I shall give her the first hug."

I laugh, wrapping my arms around him in return. "It's nice to see you, too." From over Kuya Jin's shoulder, I see Kuya Yoongi waving his hand in greeting and Kuya Hobi sending a bright smile towards me.

He steps away and questions, bringing my attention back on him. "What brings you here?"

I never get a chance to reply to him because Tae tugs me in a hug and immediately shields me away from a protesting mochi.

Kuya Joon saunters over and pulls me away from a grinning Tae and a frowning Jimin. "Can we take our lunch break now? I need to talk to Mae about something."

Jimin folds his arms over his chest. "Hyung, that's not fair. Even though she's finally here in person, you still keep hogging her."

"Raise her for at least half of your life, then you can complain to me," Kuya Joon remarks, before pulling me outside of the practice room. He leads me to the elevator and presses the button for the floor below us.