24 | We & Appreciations

"You traitor!"

"You traitor!"

Kuya Yoongi looks away from his computer and towards my seething figure by the door.

"What do you want from me now? I gave you attention yesterday, are you back for more?" he questions, unaffected by my unannounced visit. He waves his hand, gesturing for me to close the door, then turns his attention back towards his computer, ignoring my sudden outburst.

"You said you weren't going to let anyone listen to the recording we made yesterday." My cheeks puff out in anger.

"I never promised I wouldn't," he retorts.

I walk over to give him a soft slap on the shoulder. "That's one lame excuse."

"How did you find out, anyway?" he asks, his eyes never tearing away from the screen.

"Soohyeon-unnie texted me last night. She complimented my voice and asked if I'm willing to record a song with her, too. Apparently, you sent the demo to the other producers, as well. Are you crazy, Kuya Yoongi?"

He finally averts his focus by glancing up at me. "And you're complaining because. . .?" he trails off, waiting for me to finish the sentence.

"Well, because. . . you know. . . I don't know," I answer truthfully, my shoulders slumping in defeat.

"You have a beautiful voice, Mae. It deserves to be recognized and appreciated, not hidden away," he states with a soft smile. "You're slowly starting to showcase again more and more of your talents; singing should be one of them."

I walk away from him, and plop myself down on his familiar couch. "I don't— I'm not—"

"If you're about to belittle your singing capabilities, stop. You're letting your insecurities and fears overpower your strengths. Again." He stares me down with his intense gaze. "And how many times have I told you not to do that?"

"Too many for me to count," I mumble, avoiding eye-contact with him.

"Exactly," he agrees. "Besides, if our golden maknae was mesmerized by your voice, who's to say your singing capabilities are subpar?"

I blink. "You let Jungkook listen to the recording?" He nonchalantly shrugs in response. "Is there anyone else I should know that listened to that recording that was supposed to just be kept a secret between us? Like, I don't know, the president of Kantigua?"

"There's a country called 'Kantigua'?"

"No, I just made it up!"

"But, what if there is?"

"I don't know, search it up on Naver, then."

"Okay, let me do that."

"Oh, find out too if— hey! You just smoothly changed the point of our conversation."