32 | We & Emotions

"나 홀로 남을까봐 두려워 (I'm scared that I will be left alone)"

Kuya Jin's voice. It's him. He's here.

It's the first thing I hear when I finally gain consciousness of my surroundings. I feel pain and yet, I also feel numbness throughout my entire body.

The first sensation I feel is a tight grasp on my hand, so I try my hardest to let them know I'm aware. I'm awake.

I hear him sniffle and my heart begins to ache.

"Hyung!" I hear someone exclaim.

It's my Kuya Yoon. He's here. They're here.

"What? What is it, Yoongi-ya?" This time, I'm certain Kuya Jin is in the room.

"Her hands, hyungie," Kuya Yoongi says quietly, baffled. "I felt her fingers twitch."

I open my mouth to speak, but a string of incoherent words tumble out.

I immediately feel a presence come closer towards me. "Mae? It's your Kuya Jinie. What are you trying to tell us, angel?" His voice is near.

I move my fingers again, the ones enclosed in someone's hold. When I do so, I feel another pair of hands' weight as they wrap it around mine.

It hurts to speak because my throat is too dry, but I push through the pain and frustration. "I would never leave you alone," I croak out.

"Hoseok, go get a nurse or a doctor and let them know Mae's awake," I hear Kuya Jin order to Kuya Hobi. My Kuya Hobi is here.

"Jungkook." Jungkook. Jeon Jungkook. "Go find Namjoon, Jimin, and Taehyung and tell them to get their asses up here because Mae's finally awake."

Everyone's here.

I hear footsteps shuffling, before the door opens and closes loudly.

I finally find the strength in me to open my eyes. I blink repeatedly as I grow accustomed to the bright light that welcomes me as my eyes flutter open. My eyes roam around until they land on two figures standing on either side of me.

I follow the owner of the hands that are trapping mine in between theirs. "Kuya Yoonie."

His eyes look as if it's already about to tear up, but at the sound of his name from my lips, teardrops incessantly run down his cheeks like a river.

I smile at him, but he lowers his head to let it rest on our hands as he hides his tearful face from me.

My head lolls to the other side to notice Kuya Jin's eyes are red rimmed as if he had been crying non-stop. As he makes eye contact with me and seemingly comes to the realization that I'm awake and talking again, fresh tears flow down his cheeks.