35 | We & Feelings

"Your dad went ahead to sign your discharge papers," Mom tells me, looking around the room for a final inspection

"Your dad went ahead to sign your discharge papers," Mom tells me, looking around the room for a final inspection. "I'll take these last bags and you finish getting ready. Meet us downstairs when you're finished."

I nod my head in response before she takes that as a cue to head out of the door. While sitting on the chair helplessly attempting to put on my shoes with one hand in a cast, I realize I should've thought of asking her to stay and to help me out.

Heaving out a deep sigh after finishing the almost impossible task, I stand up and walk over to the mirror, running my hand through my hair to smooth it out. Satisfied with my appearance, I grab my purse off the chair before exiting the room.

After getting out of the elevator, I make my way to the main lobby of the hospital while looking around to spot my parents. Finding no luck, I grab my phone out of my purse to send them a message.

Momma 💕

You:
I'm downstairs
where are you and dad?

Momma:
Come outside to the parking lot
Read 10:13 AM

I walk out of the hospital, breathing in the fresh air while glancing around for any sign of my parents' current location.

"Hey, Mae." Someone greets me, causing me to turn my body towards the source of the voice.

A guy in all black stands in front of me and I'm quick to feel amazed at how he can handle the scorching heat in his dark outfit. He's wearing a black cap on top of his head, while a black mask covers half of his face. At first glance, I would've immediately walked away from this stranger. But when I meet his gaze, his bright, doe-eyes catches my attention and I instantly figure out who is standing before me.

"Jeon," I breathe, my heart unconsciously beating faster inside my chest. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to finally meet you." I don't see it, but I can hear the smile in his voice.

My brows furrow in confusion. "What are you talking about?"

Jungkook pulls out his hand from behind his back to reveal a small bouquet of red roses and extends it out for me to take. He stares intensely into my eyes before speaking, "Roses for a beautiful Rose. I wasn't kidding when I said I'd go through anything for you."

My confusion switches to realization and I let out an inaudible gasp. I thank him and take the flowers from his hand, admiring the beautiful petals. A grin breaks out on my face and I look up at him with pure happiness.

Bouquets of flowers are far from a unique gesture, but I'd be lying if I said I'm not fond of those romantic cliché things you see in movies.

"What? How?" Disbelief is evident in my voice.