21 | We & Calls

"Pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa

"Pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa." Kuya Hobi's booming voice resonates around the empty dance studio, as he monitors my moves through the mirror that covers the entire wall in front of us. "Not bad, my little trainee," he announces excitedly, as I precisely execute my last move.

"'Trainee'?" I ask incredulously, using my oversized sweater to fan my body. "I've got too much experience to just be labeled as a trainee."

Kuya Hobi tosses me a water bottle, grinning at my words. "Show me what you got, then. Let's see if you can match up to the one and only, Jung Hoseok."

I roll the water bottle to the side after taking a few gulps. "Oh my! I get to dance with the one and only Jung Hoseok. This is truly a dream come true!"

Kuya Hobi senses my insincerity with a playful raise of a brow, but before he has the chance to tell me off, the door to the practice room flings open.

"How's your bonding time with Hobi-hyung?" Jimin saunters into the room, bag in one hand and phone in the other. I'm about to respond to Jimin, when one by one, the other members pile into the room.

I walk over to chairs, where they are already seated patiently waiting for their schedule to begin, to grab my own belongings. "It's been great, but I should be heading out now since your rehearsal starts soon."

"No," Kuya Jin counters, slipping on a bright sweater over his plain white t-shirt. "Show us what you two learned before you leave. You've been in here dancing all afternoon, we're curious as to what came out of that little session."

"Besides, I've only seen you dance through videos you send to us, never in actuality," Kuya Joon adds, a dramatic plea in his tone.

I take a tentative glance towards Kuya Hobi, who in turn confidently grins from ear-to-ear. "Give the people what they want, my little trainee."

"But, it's not even perfect yet," I desperately argue, but Kuya Hobi's determined stare tells me otherwise.

With an unsure smile and a long sigh, I nudge my head at Kuya Hobi to start the music. Taking my position in the centre of the room, since our little dance starts off with my solo, everyone's eyes are focused on me. I take a deep breath just as the intro beats of Finesse blasts through the stereo system, my nervous posture is immediately replaced as the music takes over my body.

I hear a holler of cheers as I end my part and Kuya Hobi takes over. When Kuya Hobi and I finally join together, my previously scrambled mind comes to an ease as my only focus is enjoying my time with Kuya Hobi. Our passion for dancing is evidently seen, since the happiness and energy we feel during the whole performance clearly radiates from us.

Ever since he learned I started to dance, it became Kuya Hobi's goal to one day perform a routine with me. But after that passion within me died, our anticipated duet suddenly became forlorn. However, with the help of these seven boys, my family, they gave me the match to light those extinguished interests and make it burn with fervour once again.